Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,734 Posts
This occurred when the (new) owners of the forum decided - without any warning or preparation - to migrate it to a new platform. The result was horrendous - pretty much all images were lost, links broken and posts corrupted. The admins never did sort out the majority of the issues, they just left it in the state you currently see.

We've lost a huge number of members as a result and the forum is nothing like as informative and user-friendly as it was prior to this. As a Mod I frankly despair of it but do what I can to keep things going.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ah, interesting. I wondered why this forum seemed relatively dead, which really shouldn't be the case when there's the new Q3 just launched. I tend to keep up with the Macan (current drive) and I-Pace (was considering this for a new purchase) forums and both typically have 10-20 or more new posts per day. The XC40 (another contender for me) one is more limited but still significantly livelier then here.

Shame really - while it's obviously not a major factor in a buying decision, the presence of a vigorous UK forum could help sway things one way or the other in a tie between two or three contenders for a new drive. (Which is where I find myself currently, if you hadn't guessed - should it be Q3 45 TFSI or XC40 T5 (with Polestar) or (probably the outsider) a Cupra Ateca - less premium definitely, but still OK and with definite extra muscle!)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I inadvertantly spotted the Cupra Ateca while idly googling the other day.
Food for thought come replacement time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This occurred when the (new) owners of the forum decided - without any warning or preparation - to migrate it to a new platform. The result was horrendous - pretty much all images were lost, links broken and posts corrupted. The admins never did sort out the majority of the issues, they just left it in the state you currently see.

We've lost a huge number of members as a result and the forum is nothing like as informative and user-friendly as it was prior to this. As a Mod I frankly despair of it but do what I can to keep things going.
That's a shame. Got a feeling I've seen something similar before on another car forum but can't recall which one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I inadvertantly spotted the Cupra Ateca while idly googling the other day.
Food for thought come replacement time.
Just had a look at it online after reading this thread. That is an impressive set of standard kit for the price, including the first three services. Only issue is having to go back to super unleaded, but basically the same cost as diesel these days. Definitely one for the shortlist.
Ultimately it will be down to the monthly payments, but it does start with a £10k saving and 20% power increase on a Q3.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ultimately it will be down to the monthly payments, but it does start with a £10k saving and 20% power increase on a Q3.
More like a 30% power increase (296 vs 230).

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
300 Posts
I was three beers in and couldn’t be ar**d checking and though it was 245 like the TT. Makes an even stronger case for the Ateca
Yes, all a bit odd. Several of the sales execs at Audi dealers thought it might well be 245 (before the final spec was announced), which I think would make more sense and still leave room for RSQ3. (People seem to think it's unlikely that there'll be an SQ3 - though that's always an option down the track of course with the 296 engine available and presumably wouldn't need too much development over the 45 TFSI other than some extra bling, plus some suspension & drivetrain tuning etc). There's obviously a reason in the Audi/VW thinking as to why the 45 TFSI didn't get at least 245 at launch - perhaps it's reserved for a facelift or they're waiting for the SQ2 to launch and don't want to steal its thunder.

But yes for those of interested in some extra performance the Cupra Ateca is starting to look increasingly appealing. I should be able to get a decent test drive next week and then review the ride comfort, which is my main concern though I do wish the seats were a bit fancier - nothing electric available at all, not even lumbar, and the seat cushion looks a bit short (with no extension option) and with no tilt adjustment - it might well be perfectly OK, but it would be reassuring to have the option of more adjustment.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My guess is they will go for the SQ3, fits nicely in that gap. The RSQ3 was always a bit of an anomaly in the series. Plus there seems to be delays in getting RS’s through the latest Euro emissions tests

·
Registered
300 Posts
My guess is they will go for the SQ3, fits nicely in that gap.
Yeah, but as I was trying to say, the various sales execs I've spoken to don't seem to think that an SQ3 is very likely in the foreseeable future (RSQ3 yes, but SQ3 no). Not pretending I have any inside info, just repeating what's been said to me at 2 or 3 different Audi dealers. That would be disappointing and maybe a bit illogical given the potential sales that are presumably there for an SQ3. Hopefully this is too pessimistic and there will be an SQ3, but the signs don't seem to be good at present.

But it's like VW have made a corporate decision that the Q3 class is not where they want to offer a moderately hot performance version (but with Cupra Ateca being the apparent exception). So Audi seems to be going with SQ2 rather than SQ3. VW with a T-Roc R rather than Tiguan R. Skoda are somewhat behind the times with the Q2-sized Anuq not yet launched, but what are the chances that there'll be a Kamiq vRS but not a Karoq vRS in sight - that seems to be the way things are heading?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The VAG car range is baffling to me these days, as they seem happy to poach sales off their own brands by making the same car over and over with different badges on the nose.

Rumour has it that most of the Audi Q range is going to get an RS badge at some point including the yet to be released Q4 and Q6.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts