Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Collected my Q3 from Wearside Audi dealership last Monday.They included the AutoGlym Lifeshine treatment in the deal and I think it looks fantastic.

This is the car after a week of pure driving bliss on a lot of country roads in Northumberland and I seem to be getting just under 60 MPG - unbelievable.I traded in an A3 Cabriolet which returned low fifties mpg but this 2.0 Deisel 140 BHP lump really is the business, so far I am very impressed. There is enough torque to pull a fat lady through a key hole especially in the top gears.

·
Registered
264 Posts
looks stunning I have had a phantom black one since nov and it still gleams

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looking good

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
daytona said:
looks stunning I have had a phantom black one since nov and it still gleams
Sounds good to me. I plan to wash it with a pressure washer with shampoo / foam attachment, anyone else do this?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wes said:
Collected my Q3 from Wearside Audi dealership last Monday.They included the AutoGlym Lifeshine treatment in the deal and I think it looks fantastic.
This is the car after a week of pure driving bliss on a lot of country roads in Northumberland and I seem to be getting just under 60 MPG - unbelievable.
Looking fantastic in the Northumberland woodland.
We plan to be in the area later this week with my Daytona Grey one.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Wow car and picture looks great, lovely hiding in the tree's there. Picked a nice week last week to be driving through Northumberland too. Might get a chance to test it out in the snow this week if the forecast is anything to go by.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S Line said:
Looking fantastic in the Northumberland woodland.

We plan to be in the area later this week with my Daytona Grey one.

Northumberland is the place to enjoy these cars at their best. Long undulating Roman roads intersected by beautiful country lanes surrounded by stunning scenery and hardly another vehicle in site. Whether you start on the coastal routes or over the Cheviot hills every mile of your drive should be an experience. You might need the full benefit of the Quattro drive system next week as the weather has changed for the worst with snow starting to fall this evening. what ever you do have a safe drive.
Edited by: Wes

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dan said:
Wow car and picture looks great, lovely hiding in the tree's there. Picked a nice week last week to be driving through Northumberland too. Might get a chance to test it out in the snow this week if the forecast is anything to go by.
Yes, I was very fortunate as you say the weather is set to revert back to normal.
Thanks for the comments Morse Man and the same back.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I usually spray bilberry wheel cleaner on my wheels first to get all the muck off and then always snow foam my car before washing with a good quality wash / wax.

I am no fanatic; just like a shining car, so 3 to 4 times a year it gets a coat of auto glym followed by collinite wax. My current car is nearly 4 years old, but you would never know.

Another 6 months before my Q3 arrives

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the reply Setig.I am about to purchase a pressure washer (not the yellow kind) with a snow/foam attachment to wash the car with and a set of step ladders

I just wondered if you see a big difference with the foam attachment. Using the pressure washer certainly speeds up the washing process and gets the brake dust off the wheels in a jif.I got a big bag of Auto Glym goodies to keep the car in tip top condition including some Aqua-wax which I will probably use at the weekend, looks a very simple process - in fact too good to be true so if it works I might just continue using it as there is a lot of car to clean followed by a twice yearly full wax job.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have only been using the snow foam for about 10 months and it has been hit and miss to get it right. I eventually got a nice rich consistency and thought that was it. I made a slight adjustment to the nozzle and lost the thick foam effect. Who would have thought- only two adjustments plus the percentage of foam to add and it has changed so much. I do find in winter that it helps in shifting the muck and will reduce scratching.

The bilberry wheel cleaner is the biggest improvement though. A quick spray, leave for 30 seconds, powerwash and they are 98% clean.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks fantastic, hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Don't forget a spray bottle for when the cleaner arrives. When my bottle of Bilberry wheel cleaner came, I wanted to use it straight away and had to search around for a spray bottle. Got a cheap one from Wilkinson's in the garden section in the end.

Edited by: SETIG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts