Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from picking up a front trim piece after an idiot backed into me at the weekend and noticed that parked next to other white Audi's, Glacier White has a pale blue tint to it, which is down to the metallic flakes. In isolation you dont notice, however should have realised given that glaciers have blue in them
I know amalfi white has a cream tint to it, but it really shows the different shades up, when a number of cars are parked together of supposedly the 'same' colour
Edited by: DBQ3

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Funny enough i noticed a slight tint when i waspolishingmine last weekend. You can really see the sparkle with the sun shining on it. Park it next to an Amalfi white one and you will really notice the difference, you would think the Amalfi is cream.

·
Super Moderator
1,756 Posts
reilsab said:
Funny enough i noticed a slight tint when i waspolishingmine last weekend. You can really see the sparkle with the sun shining on it. Park it next to an Amalfi white one and you will really notice the difference, you would think the Amalfi is cream.
Wait till the sun is strong shining, and look again deep in your paint. There is so much to notice. Audi paint is brilliant

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I better look fast, sun don't shine long up here!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pleased to read this, DBQ3
I have been peering at my glacier white, wondering when it was going to sparkle. If the Q3 had come in Ibis White I would probably have skipped the metallic option and gone for that instead, but the Amalfi was to cream for my taste, and reminded me of of the colour of my second car, an Austin land crab in 'snowberry white' (which definitely ages me
).
(Just google it if you under 50, more leg room than my mates A8L)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts