Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I recently bought myself a brandnew Q3. When it came from the dealer, I directly lowered it on coilovers and mounted 20" Rotor wheels on it.

Options:

Xenon
Lightpack
Leather beige
Sportseats
Sportpack
Park distance control front + back on MMI
Navigation
Bose surround
Colour display on dash
Sportsteeringwheel
Panoramic roof
Tyre pressure

Photos say more than words...

·
Registered
69 Posts
That is impressive, love it!

Please don't make me start modifying this car, reason why I bought one lol

·
Registered
107 Posts
Lovely looking motor, my personal opinion is that it would look much better with the suspension a bit higher - it is an SUV after all!

Love the wheels, wish they were available as an option when I ordered my car.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'd have gone for black paint too....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
audidriver4ever said:
SUPER!!

Looks awesome, but to low for our Country with all the speed bumps

What did you use to lower the coilovers? Brand?
FK Ultralow coilover set modified by AH-exclusive in Germany ;-)

And thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts
Nice - I think.

Call me an old fart (I don't mind, I am one after all) but I'm not convinced that buying a car designed for high ground-clearance and promptly lowering it makes an awful lot of sense - it's a bit like chopping up a lifeboat to make a raft, isn't it? Better to start with an A3 - it's arse is a lot nearer the ground in the first place...

(no offence, I hope - just my personal opinion!)

·
Registered
518 Posts
I tend to concur with Gromit. It looks incongruous, far too low. Also, I suspect it compromises the ride quite significantly, which is one of the Q3's great features.Again, like Gromit, just my opinion, and no offence given

·
Registered
58 Posts
chaps
i have to say it looks the nuts very nice level is set just right
what you have to remember its his car not ours and it been done very well
from me

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks awesome Theun, proper bad boy I think they say ;)

Bit of a head turner!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am in-between. I like the wheels, but not the lowering. I am seriously considering putting a bigger set than 18's on mine when I get it - pricey though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This looks the bomb!!

If I was still a bachelor
, would be something I would look into.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice license plate ;-).I bought a Q3 because it's higher and you can see trough other cars while on the 3rd stroke of the autoroad. But I can understand what you did as a die hard tuner. I'm a little older than you too I guess ;-).

·
Registered
518 Posts
A couple of points that may not have occurred to you. What you have done has almost certainly invalidated your warranty, and have you advised your insurance company of the suspension modification.These sort of changes are unusual in a brand new car.I do not know what either the warranty rules or the insurance requirements are in Belgium, but if you were in the UK, I think it is a 100% certainty that what you have done will have invalidated the Audi warranty. As for UKinsurers, unless you have advised them of the modifications and they have accepted them, your insurance would be invalid too.Is it the same in Belgium?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Wow, they are massive!
Gives it concept car looks, nice but i don't think you'd get on very well here in the UK. With our swiss cheese roads, speed bumps, high kerbs and all the other comfort ruining additions I had to sell my last car which was only on 18's

·
Registered
25 Posts
Excellent and terribly practical. It must make it much easier to load and unload the roof bars!

·
Super Moderator
6,233 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts