Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow I will take delivery of my third new Q3, a 45 TFSI glacier white, comfort and sound pack and panoramic roof. All have been purchased from the same dealer. Todays car (per signature) is just about to reach its 5th birthday which will be the longest by far I have kept a car in 30 years, I was going to just keep going with it but suddenly got the yen for the latest version, previous two have all been built to chosen spec, this time I would find an in stock one and see how the haggling skills had faired in 5 years.

I started the discussion with the dealer, checked ball park numbers with other to keep sanity and got stuck with a £1000 gap between my preset limit on cost to change and his best offer, and this after 3 days of calls and emails

Along the way I had told him I had booked the car in for a full service ( due in 19 days ) and an MOT with my local garage ( 60% of Audi price).

Day before the service and MOT I called the dealer to say I would not be going ahead, he said there was one thing I could do to improve the deal, he had just been told by a more senior member of staff to tell me to cancel the service if I wanted to go ahead with the purchase.

To cut to the end result, I cancelled the service and MOT saving over £300, the dealer gave me £1200 more in PX and will do the service/MOT himself.

Why I asked

reply "If you get it serviced other than by an official Audi dealer we will have to put it in the auction, the car is a nice spec and we can retail it for more money as all work to date has been carried out by us"

Over the moon with the deal as I hope to be with the car

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
413 Posts
It's a fortune they de-value non Audi serviced cars... because they don't service them well enough to demand any extra. They don't change engine air filters when needed, they ignore the existence of S-tronic cartridge filters, they go very long with intervals... and in the end a depreciated car is a better deal :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts