Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst driving along I can sometimes feel that the gearbox has changed gear, a very slight hesitation, but it has not changed. Usually feel it driving along a flat road at a constant speed of various mph, does not happen all the time, very strange.
Any ideas?
Q3 diesel 170 BHP auto Quattro of the year 2011

·
Registered
390 Posts
THe gearbox should not hunt when driving at a constant speed on a flat road unless you are driving right on the point the brain in the gearbox thinks a gear change should happen. Even then it normally lives with its decision. When did you last have the oil in the gearbox changed?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks aldfort,
The gearbox is not hunting as such, it may do it a couple of times on a journey, the oil was changed about 4000 miles ago

·
Registered
325 Posts
It begs the question - did it only start doing this after the fluid change?
There s a very specific DSG fluid required, and process for changing it. Also if done by the Audi dealership they most likely will not have changed the filter.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi manfrotto
Thanks for your comments, the problem has just recently started, the oil change and filter was carried out by Audi, about 4000 miles ago.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
A diagnostic scan is a good starting point and it could also be worth checking if the Haldex coupling is working correctly.
More common symptoms of a faulty Haldex are - Jumping/skipping wheel when turning tight corners in car parks etc.
or a binding sensation when doing tight turns.
(Extract from - Guide To Generation 4 Haldex Trouble Shooting - Haldex Parts and ECU Repairs by Auto Fault Finder 01270 440151 )

Comments on the Skoda Forum also mention a feeling of occasional, momentarily loss of drive and this could explain the hesitation you experience

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Spike
I am not getting any of the symptoms you suggest, I will get a diagnostic scan done when I can, thanks for the link to haldex trouble shooting, very interesting.
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts