Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a test-drive of a manual shifted car (before my purchase) i noticed a creaking sound from the clutch pedal on the test model, se more information in this thread, more with this issue.http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/clutch-pedal-creak_topic283.html?KW=clutch
But my car has the s-tronic so i have been spared from any clutch pedal noises.However after maybe 30 miles i noticed a creaking/cracking subtile sound coming from my gas pedal.Since it's automatic you most of the time rest your foot on the gas pedal or give very little gas to maintain current speed and this is where the creaking comes out. It's like a gap between the gas pedal cover and the lover part of the gas pedal construction making it "click" even when i rest my foot and drive in rough asphalt.
Last week i went in to the dealer to have them check it out and the service mechanic noticed the same thing (i looked at the sky thanking for not being insane). In the past i had so much troubles with mis sounds from cars (mazda, saab, peugeot etc)
Today i had my appointment at the dealer and i just got a call from the service personnel that they had to order a new gas pedal.
Hopefully picking my baby up tomorrow and i'll keep you posted in case you're interested. Got a courtesy car so i'm alright. But heads up for pedal creaking :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got a new pedal and all was good for 1 day, now i tend to hear the clicky sounds again. Just like it was in the beginning. You think it will disappear after a while but it only gets worse. So i'll wait until it gets unbearable and the return it to the dealer.Having issues is one thing but i cannot get my head around that Audio makes the one component the driver uses the most in the car in such cheap plastic.The brake pedal is solid metal and rubber, the gas pedal is tender plastics in layers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought that i would update on the latest. A couple of days ago i had an appointment at the dealer to sort the creaking/cracking once again.This time they didn't replace the pedal but put it apart and then reasemble to make sure it was proper fitted and they also added some grease on "key places" appointed by Audi.After a few days it's all quiet again, just hope that it will stick to it :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hopefully that will cure it, keep us posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts