·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted this in wrong section - newbies.Members views on GAP please?Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Probably worth having depending on your attitude to risk, just don't buy it through the dealer. There are many online companies who will be hugely cheaper, I used ALA i think it cost about £160 for RTI.

·
Registered
264 Posts
if you click on the search box top right and type GAP insurance into there it will show you all the posts made on the site about it , a lot of good info in there

·
Registered
15 Posts
DEFINATELY worth having - I had my BMW stolen off my drive recently.I managed to agree a decent market value with my insurer but would have been in a MUCH better financial position if I had taken out Gap insurance! I used to think it was just a way to get more money off you but I would always take out Gap insurance now!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Agree with above, I think this forum has a discount voucher code for ALA as well who are very competitive and seem to be well reviewed elsewhere. Buying directly from your dealer is more than likely going to be very expensive in comparison to buying direct, I think I was quoted £250 more.

For the amount of money I spent it made sense to me anyway. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've used ala for it in the past and feel anyone who buys a new car and doesnt bother with it is taking a massive risk!!
Unless you're flush with cash

There are obviously various levels of cover but if you're buying it on Finance i'd at least ensure i was covered for difference between insurance payout and finance, but once you're doing it you might as well get back to full invoice amount i always think. GAP is effectively just an insurance policy though so it's how to view the risk and reward of it really.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts