Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people! I placed an order for a new Q3 at the beginning of the month, with an expected delivery date in March 2014. Specs are in my signature
. My name is Kendal, I'm 27 and I live in Sydney, Australia. I have been browsing these forums for quite a while now, reading lots of useful information that helped me make the decision to purchase
. Just thought it was about time I registered and said hello!

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Hi Kendal, welcome to the forum! There's quite a few Aussies registered here, so make yourself at home. Bar's to the left, TV room's down the hall on the right, no brawling allowed after midnight.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Gromit said:
Hi Kendal, welcome to the forum! There's quite a few Aussies registered here, so make yourself at home. Bar's to the left, TV room's down the hall on the right, no brawling allowed after midnight.
And just to add - until things improve, the cricket is not allowed on in the said TV room
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome guys
- I will turn on my cricket talk filter haha!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So can I mention the cricket now or...?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol *cricket filter remains on*

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So my dealer informs me that he *thinks* that I can expect an early January delivery now. Not sure how that happens, 2 months sooner than the date on my contract is crazy. I haven't even listed my current car for sale yet! Annoyed. Also, Excited!

Edited by: ankled

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi ankled and welcome to the forum from down under. What build date was you given?

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi i have had my Q3 for 12 months but on the day of ordering it no one told me that it had no spare wheel just a spray to repair a puncher, but when you take it for repair you are told you need a new tyre,also if you order a get you home spare with your order for your new car it is half the price than asking for one later, also if you read your extras booklet you can have a reversible floor in your boot at no extra cost (carpet one side hard plastic the other side ) all this happened in England,they also said they do a spare wheel kit for the boot the ex cost of £400, hope this help you a little bit

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
steadykev said:
Hi ankled and welcome to the forum from down under. What build date was you given?
Thanks for the welcome. I wasn't told a build date originally, however I have since been told by the GM of the dealership that my car was built week 50, 10/12/13. Expecting a week 8 delivery

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally took delivery of my Q3 yesterday. Contract was signed on the 2nd of November last year, cant believe it took so long!! But it is here now and it is all mine

Sorry for the crappy mobile phone pics, I will take some decent shots once I have polished her

Edited by: ankled

·
Registered
275 Posts
Looks really good.

First time I have seen pics that show the led lighting.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Is it only the Bose system that has led around the speakers? I have led, no Bose, and no light surrounds on the speakers!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Yes, only the bose speakers I'm afraid.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
First gripe with the car - the in-dash CD player can only hold one CD? What is this, 1994? Not such a big deal, I'll just rip my CDs to an SD card Lossless and play from that... nope, MMI cant read ANY Lossless audio codecs. Why do I have BOSE audio if it can only play compressed garbage??

Another mobile phone pic for you to enjoy:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Have you tried 256kbps AAC files? They should work.

·
Registered
257 Posts
The CD player is rendered almost redundant by the SD slot in my opinion.
I guess you could always plug your iPod in if you really want to use lossless but the GB of music I copied off my PC onto an SD card sounds really good and in no way would I describe it as "garbage".
I'm not sure what level of audio excellence you are attempting to achieve. But speaking as someone who is a bit of an audio freak having in my time had audio systems that cost almost as much as the Q3 I consider even the standard audio system in the Q3 really quite good.

·
Registered
389 Posts
ankled said:
First gripe with the car - the in-dash CD player can only hold one CD? What is this, 1994? Not such a big deal, I'll just rip my CDs to an SD card Lossless and play from that... nope, MMI cant read ANY Lossless audio codecs. Why do I have BOSE audio if it can only play compressed garbage??
Indeed it's not 1994 so why are you using CD's?

I like the black roof rails and window trim. I needn't realize you could get that when i ordered mine

1 - 20 of 50 Posts