Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still in the process of considering the purchase of a brand new Q3, my concerns are this;how do you think the future resale value will be affected with the fact that people are now buying the Q3 under the motability scheme.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Personally I don't think this will make much of a difference to resale value, it hasn't had an enormous effect on resale values of Bmw's or Merc models previously. Edited by: Contrition

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts

I'd guess little or nothing - certainly less than (for example) choosing a petrol engine instead of diesel, or going for a perceived unpopular colour. The Q3's resale value is holding up incredibly well anyway, as I discovered when I looked for a used one - prices were so close to new that it just wasn't worth it, so I ordered a new one instead.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think motability cars are on a 3 year lease and the standards on return are very high so I don't see any concern from them at all

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gromit said:

The Q3's resale value is holding up incredibly well anyway, as I discovered when I looked for a used one - prices were so close to new that it just wasn't worth it, so I ordered a new one instead.
It's still a new car and 3 months wait after order. So if you want the car immediately, you still have to pay more for it on the second hand market.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How small minded are you to think that motability customers will affect resale values of any vehicle ,not just the q3. Sad.

·
Registered
52 Posts
staffie said:
How small minded are you to think that motability customers will affect resale values of any vehicle ,not just the q3. Sad.
The motability customer reference I suspect was simply an over extention of the concern around leased vehicles (i hope so) meaning potentially higher numbers appearing on the second hand market in three years or so? As other posters have said I doubt it'll have little impact as the motability vehicles are likely to be on good condition and low mileage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
as Gastroparesis stated, the concerns are around the fact that there will be a greater number of used Q3's on the market in 3/4 years time when i may be selling my car

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't know anything about Motability, but found this document listing all the car types available.
Doesn't look like we have anything to worry about, as the choice is huge.

http://www.motability.co.uk/cs/groups/public/documents/document/bw9f/mdq1/~edisp/mo_045749.pdfEdited by: Black Pudding

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Residual values mean nothing come tradein time, your local dealer will stick the lowest value they can get away with on your car. Takes a certain type of mindset to buy new, if you can't accept losing half your money after 3 years then better stick to used. I'll be thinking about replacement in 2 years but i'm sure a few people on here will be there first, be interested to know what the values are but i won't be losing any sleep over it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree , I always buy new knowing I am going to loose money when I come to sell , fact you loose money on cars new or old .

·
Super Moderator
6,034 Posts
Ditto. I tend to take a long time choosing, buy new and keep a long time, knowing that the residual value is going to be naff all anyway and getting the most out of the beast in the meantime. My current Jaguar cost just under £30K seven years and 95,000 miles ago - now it's worth £2-3K. That's straight-line depreciation of about £4K per annum - about what I'd experience anyway if I changed more frequently - but I've had one **** of a blast in the Jaguar and it was worth every penny.

BTW, thanks to Staffie for his earlier comment - my thoughts entirely.

·
Registered
613 Posts
My Q3's a company car, but my Mrs has her eye on buying it from the lease company (after the 4 year/80,000 miles lease ends) - I'm not sure how they will calculate the residual price though - hopefully it will be favourable to the open market price

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jules said:
My Q3's a company car, but my Mrs has her eye on buying it from the lease company (after the 4 year/80,000 miles lease ends) - I'm not sure how they will calculate the residual price though - hopefully it will be favourable to the open market price

When buying your lease car keep to your guns try getting it for below trade don't forget the cost to collect and pass on prep for sale or auction could add then around £600 to the lease company try we buy any car - 10% on your offer
Regards dan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts