Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Q3 S Line 45 TFSI Quattro 230ps
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car didn’t come with a space saver, so I’ve been investigating buying the polystyrene foam thing, space saver wheel & tyre and a jack. Comes to around £400. My friend suggested finding out whether a full size wheel and tyre would fit without the foam. Has anyone tried that?

Loving my new Q3. Note to self ‘you gotta get that fuel consumption figure up.’

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hmm well you can build a space saver yourself in one of your previous post I remember there are size for rim and size for tyre.
Full size don't think would fit if you look at the pictures in your previous post space saver just sits in that space.

·
Registered
Q3 S Line 45 TFSI Quattro 230ps
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I didn’t mean fitting the full-size spare into the polystyrene housing. My suggested a full size spare could fit without the foam surround. Has anyone tried that? It means you can continue on your journey after a puncture with a full size wheel fitted.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well I guess you would be the first one to try it.
Not sure if that sub woofer would be a good fit inside that full size spare wheel.
Or you can try with one of the existing 4 wheel would involve effort of taking it off putting car on jack securely and then trying it out in boot and how sub woofer fits.
Maybe a local tyre shop can give you a demo.
Just thinking of ideas ..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts