Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Our Tesco delivery lady said a small town about 10 miles away had a huge queue. Other small garages between were all out of fuel. She had to detour because the queue was blocking the road. :rolleyes: So much for policing.

Reactions: TheJam

·
Registered
204 Posts
The dilemma you have now is...do you use it all up or dilute it with some proper fuel hahaha
My car has plenty of 99 in as I filled up pre fuel pandemic and its a garage queen through the week.
My van on the other hand is eating diesel at an alarming rate but fortunately I've been able to get some with minimum fuss and it does seem to be blowing over around here. 🤞
Exactly,that is my dilemma.The logical side is that the car is fine to run on 95,albeit with reduced power,the flap states minimum 95ron,and I even checked when I had it mapped if I ever got stuck without 99,would it be safe to run on 95,I was assured it would be fine. That said,I will top up with Super,as soon as I can. Maybe chuck some Millers EcoMax in it if I can find some🤔

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
So there is an advantage to owning a Q3 45TFSI!

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
With 8Us I used 95 loads of times, touring in Scotland 98+ is a rare thing - felt no different at all.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jam
As John points out, I worked 5 weeks in Scotland not long after getting mine. Had to feed it 95Ron as the jocks just don't get super, especially in the Highlands. Car ran fine, even with a spirited run over to Mallaig :whistle:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jocks😳😳
Just filled up with Vpower at my local Shell in Inverness😜😜
And no panic buying up here like the southern **……….🤣🤣

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
As a confirmed Southerner I can only agree with you on this occasion. It just goes to prove that stupidity is universal. If I may be allowed to quote Eric Idle...

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth!
"

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks John & Spike,good to know it’s not going to be fatal to the RS to use cooking fuel😅 I’ve put some Millers in the tank today too,so my paranoia has eased somewhat with that & you guy’s experiences 👍🏻

Reactions: spike107

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jocks😳😳
Just filled up with Vpower at my local Shell in Inverness😜😜
And no panic buying up here like the southern **……….🤣🤣
I meant no offense to the term "jocks" mate and apologise if this came across wrongly... I've worked far too long within the midst of armed forces and navy over the years and the Scottish regiment proudly call themselves this. (y)

Reactions: Beanjunior

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks John & Spike,good to know it’s not going to be fatal to the RS to use cooking fuel😅 I’ve put some Millers in the tank today too,so my paranoia has eased somewhat with that & you guy’s experiences 👍🏻
I do feel the guilt though If she's fed 95, I don't know why, it's not going to kill her 😂

·
Registered
66 Posts
I meant no offense to the term "jocks" mate and apologise if this came across wrongly... I've worked far too long within the midst of armed forces and navy over the years and the Scottish regiment proudly call themselves this. (y)
Absolutely none taken👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

If it makes you feel better I was just glad to get out of England-shire last Thursday before you all went daft so I could get back off motorways (wtf is with speeding up and slowing down for no reason 🤷‍♂️) and onto nice Highland roads and enjoy the new RSQ3.
As a bonus got 500 odd miles of running in on boring English roads mostly😜😜

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Currently my local filling stations in North Leeds are fully stocked with fuel and with minimal queues.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Absolutely none taken👍🤣🤣🤣🤣

If it makes you feel better I was just glad to get out of England-shire last Thursday before you all went daft so I could get back off motorways (wtf is with speeding up and slowing down for no reason 🤷‍♂️) and onto nice Highland roads and enjoy the new RSQ3.
As a bonus got 500 odd miles of running in on boring English roads mostly😜😜
Can't fault you, I miss the drives over to Kennacraig, Ardrossan, Oban, Ullapool and such whilst working away. Some epic scenery and roads to let loose (responsibly) and let the RS stretch her legs.... I drove home from Manchester this evening... Stuck in endless traffic with avg 19mpg.... Not what this motor is meant for :rolleyes:

Reactions: Beanjunior

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Reactions: JonD99

·
Registered
186 Posts
Reactions: DavidS

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
Just when you think the Great British Public couldn't get any more bloody stupid there's always a bunch of them ready to come along and prove how wrong you are. Just how dumb do they have to be not to realise that by chasing tankers (there's got to be some rhyming slang in there somewhere) and frantically topping up one gallon at a time they're actually perpetuating the self-inflicted problem?

Dungbrains. 💩🧠

EDIT: Just found this article in the Mail (other gossip-ridden rags are available) that makes it clearer exactly how it started. Allegedly.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
So, we now have an RSQ3 running on diesel :), will it run on cement? :).

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
As Fred Dibnah replied when asked how often steeplejacks fell off big tall chimneys - "Only once." 😡

61 - 80 of 116 Posts