Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes: Don't know reason of panic buying to be honest.
Since last evening I am seeing this although my car says 100 miles left but don't have enough courage to go and stand in that lengthy queue.
Looks like we need to be more sensible , utter chaos on roads near pumps.

Regards,
KJ

·
Registered
392 Posts
Since it's a delivery problem rather than supply out of the refineries, I'm hoping that the demand will subside fairly quickly. Once all the panic buyers get their tanks topped up then they can't (easily at least) add any more. Plus it may deter some non-essential trips. So hopefully in a few days the queues may have become a lot shorter.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah let's hope for the best.
As said looking at those horrible queues I am not going anywhere near to petrol stations for few days. :)

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I filled three cans with E0 on Tuesday but I didn’t know this was going to happen…honest.
Was going to give 20 litres away today as my mate couldn’t fill his blood runner bike last night and had to cancel his availability :mad: but the queues were virtually non existent this morning.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Few nearby pumps are dry waiting delivery and 1 BP pump Google showing as busy as it can get madness.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
578 Posts
I use a van for work and did over 700 miles last week. I sincerely hope these goons leave enough fuel in the pumps so I can get to work and back without having to waste time and fuel shopping around and queueing!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Idiotic panic buying is causing a problem, but not at all filling stations, as already stated there is no fuel crisis, the media isn’t helping by fuelling (see what I did there 🤣) the notion of a crisis.
Just give the filling stations a few days to get the tanks full and this news will be tomorrows chip paper (for the youngsters on here - from an era when your chips were wrapped in news paper 🤣🤣)

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
41 Posts
You’d think they’d have learnt their lesson of the past 18 months but sadly not.

was watching the news last night and there was people who’d filled their cars then where filling additional cans, I don’t mean one, this chap had three, talk about selfish. You’d think the stations wouldn’t allow that.

I was due to go in the office Monday- Wednesday next week, have 5 miles in the tank and I can’t be bothered queuing so am fortunate that I can work from home and let someone else who really needs it get some.

·
Registered
47 Posts
And all the EV drivers cruising past, pissing themselves laughing 😂

Maybe it’s a plot by the government to bolster the sale of EVs 😱

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If we all buy as normal then we won't see all this to be honest.
Usually I fill my tank once a week when it gets half.
Yesterday went to Costco for few things and boy there was queue for petrol you can't get into parking.
I was wondering what's happening then same thing on way back at Sainsbury's petrol station.
Then I realised oh driver shortages but that was too late to fill :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And all the EV drivers cruising past, pissing themselves laughing 😂

Maybe it’s a plot by the government to bolster the sale of EVs 😱
Yeah I was looking at Renault Zoe few minutes back :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
The 3 local filling stations are closed due to lack of fuel (Shell, Texaco and Esso). I spoke to the managers of all three and they have been told that no one knows when a new supply of petrol will arrive but they must leave a minimum amount for emergency vehicles. As regards panic buying, we have an idiot government that has no understanding of human nature and does not learn from history. Look at what happened at the start of the pandemic with, amongst others, toilet rolls. This government is now not trusted by many so when they say there is plenty of fuel available then there probably is but not in the right place. I have about 160 miles of fuel left which will last me a week and all I can do on my journeys is to look for a filling station of any flavour to fill up at.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah same here but I am not going to drive, but wife is not happy she wanted to go to her mom's and I am like no fuel in car 😂

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
For funs and giggles just saw this outside
Wheel Cloud Plant Sky Horse

·
Registered
441 Posts
Just look at all the media outlets! Hyping up the the whole situation hoping to generate headlines......and succeeding because they know so many of the great British public will bite. They did it with supposed supermarket empty shelves devoid of bog rolls, covid, Brexit...just about anything that'll wind up the gullible amongst us. Yes there's an issue, but if everybody behaved 'normally', it wouldn't be so much of an issue!.....Rant over!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
True

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are we the most sensibles ones here :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Don't panic. We can always synthesise coal to petrol. Sorry, we can't, our coal mines were concreted over by Maggie.

·
Super Moderator
6,361 Posts
This reminds me of the 1973 fuel famine, when my local garage displayed the following on a sign over their pumps...

"There are two fs in paraffin but there's no effin' petrol!"

1 - 20 of 116 Posts