Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, today after having my car for a week the fuel flap decided not to operate. You can here the solenoid working but when you push the flap nothing happens, this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Has not happened to me yet but you can open it manually. You can find the instruction in the user's manual.

Regards,

pekX2toEdited by: pekX2to

·
Registered
85 Posts
I suppose the car is unlocked (just an option for not being able to open the flap).Always worked after clicking the flap in here too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No car is open, you push the flap but nothing happens, it's going to the dealers in the morning, pretty sure it's just the solenoid that needs changing

·
Registered
518 Posts
If you are outside the car, can you hear the fuel flap solenoidactivating when you lock or unlock the car?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes you can, when you operate the locking you can hear the solenoid but when ou push the flap nothing happens, it's been to Audi today and had the solenoid and surround changed and its all working now,

·
Registered
518 Posts
Glad it's all ok now, sounds like the solenoid may have been catching on the surround

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a question - is your fuel flap locked with the car central lock? Mine is always open....I expect this to be faultThanks

·
Registered
435 Posts
Does it not lock after a time delay to allow you to fuel up in bandit country( Vorsprung durch Technik)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
gienol said:
I have a question - is your fuel flap locked with the car central lock? Mine is always open....I expect this to be faultThanks
Yes it does lock with the central locking. My fuel flap locks as soon as the central locking is activated.Open the fuel flap and you should see a square tab on the inside edge rotate as you lock and unlock the central locking.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Thanks! Will have to have it checked by the dealer.... Something is wrong - also VCDS scan gives a flap fault...

·
Registered
594 Posts
The fuel flap issue is a recognised fault and there is an Audi Technical Bulletin dealing with the modification. I started a post on this issue a while back when I had the same issue. No problems since the fix.
It's a long thread:
http://www.q3ownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic2310.html

Theoretically you can get the flap to open by pulling the plastic tag inside the boot but neither before or after the fix does mine work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts