Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anybody know how to remove the flap assembly to replace the actuator?? mine opens and shuts well enough, just doesn't lock all the time. the part is only cheap so would like to do it myself, its a 2014 model

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi,

Audi will carry out a replacement (free of charge), they did mine a few months ago when it was in for another job (and I had no problems with it previously)...my car is a 64 plate

Gord

·
Registered
382 Posts
My flap doesn't open sometimes, but I am also getting error code on the scanner suggesting an electrical fault rather than mechanical.

·
Registered
206 Posts
They had to replace the solenoid on mine. Plus some other bits. So yes, electrical which probably would show a fault code.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've got this issue at the moment. managed to prize the flap open so i could get some juice in but looks like it needs a new actuator.

Phoned Audi CS who advised that although its a known issue, goodwill is down the discretion of the dealer so no guarantee to get it done free.

64 plate Q3.

·
Registered
595 Posts
So much for not having problems (see my post on this thread back in April) .....the Fuel Filler flap is now coming open ON ITS OWN, sometimes when I open the doors using the remote..so I will be on the phone to dealer

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thread resurrection here lol... So looks like the dreaded issue with the filler cap has reared it's head the past couple of fillups... Had to wedge a credit card in the top to eject the door this time... Might try greasing it as not done since I've had the car but sounds like it's a £140 fix reading previous posts :rolleyes:

81 - 90 of 90 Posts