Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, As a new Q3 owner I drove away 2nd September in my white quattro 177ps manuel Filled up tank with diesel, and since covered 430 miles varied from some mototway and local runs to yorkshire dales single track roads, filled up tank to brim yesterday £57.50 which works out 47 miles to gallon, the cars computer reading was 47 miles to the gallon, so pretty accurate, Ron

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
As a petrol Q3 owner I'm slightly embarrassed to contribute to this thread but I thought it worth mentioning that on a long run I'm getting up to about 37.4 mpg - nothing spectacular compared with diesels but a bloody sight better than the 25 mpg the old Jaguar (2.5 litre petrol V6, automatic, 4WD) gave me, so I'm seriously chuffed with it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Once it loosens up, I'm sure it'll get better as well!

My best ever has been 64mpg on a 66 mile A-Road run, but for "mixed" driving - Leicestershire to Southampton and back for a weekend, 2 adults, 2 kids and luggage... just under 400 miles driven, with a 340 mile range left....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All we have just been just been to France in ours filled tank before we left filled again when we got there, worked outat 52 mpg whichI think ispretty good

·
Registered
485 Posts
The fuel computer readings on my previous three Audis have been quite accurate. Always within 1mpg, either above or below what the computer displayed. Depends on where I fill up and the angle the vehicle is at when brimming it.

My experience with Volkswagens indicated that they always overestimated by about 10%.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Steveb - I am so looking forward to doing a good long France trip!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jules- I really enjoy driving in France open roads very few holdups so get the ferry booked

·
Registered
84 Posts
In reply to foxy. My Q3 is that spec and I have been running it for just over a year. Mid thirties normal mixed driving. Just over 40 on a long run. Admittedly don't drive very aggressively nowadays.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for that going from a diesel 160 insignia which has good mid range torque but fancied the refinement of a petrol again. And was only avaraging 27 I'm that albeit a lot of town drivingHope it's a smooth drive

·
Registered
84 Posts
Should of said I switch off the stop start all the time. I do run in efficiency mode quite often. Comfort mode on the long runs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I find it a very smooth drive. Had an A4 SE 1.8 auto previously. Had that from new to four years old. First of the current shape. Thought that was a smooth drive until I traded it in for the Q3 which is even better.

·
Super Moderator
6,061 Posts
Tyreman's right - it is a VERY smooth drive. Quiet engine, gearshifts so smooth as to be imperceptable, excellent suspension, steering and insulation all combine to make it one of the smoothest cars I've ever driven.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Gromit said:
Tyreman's right - it is a VERY smooth drive. Quiet engine, gearshifts so smooth as to be imperceptable, excellent suspension, steering and insulation all combine to make it one of the smoothest cars I've ever driven.
+ 1
You mentioned efficiency mode - I just get in and drive and use start stop and get about 32 mpg round town and 40 on a long run. I have done just over 9,000 miles. Can you let me know what you mean by efficiency mode please

·
Registered
84 Posts
My Audi has the drive select option. Car behaves differently as to wether you have it in efficiency mode, comfort mode, auto mode or dynamic mode. Affects the gear change shift patterns, amount of power to the steering and so on depending on mode. Also if you resume the cruise control it will take longer to get back to the pre set speed if you are in efficiency mode than if you are for instance running in dynamic mode.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts