Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my q3 just a week done 250 miles love the car but only getting 30mpg its a sline 177 auto hope it will get better

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hy Glyne. Had my 177 SE Quattro since Feb now done just over 5K mostly shor trips. this tank is averaging 40mpg. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi glyne, same for me, I'm averaging 42 mpg at the moment although I've done a lot of motorway driving so that may have brought the average up a little.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've had mine 3 weeks and have done just over 1000 miles, i filled up yesterday and i averaged 40 mpg over the last tank full, hopefully it will get better with more miles.

·
Registered
518 Posts
It is important to understand that offical fuel consumption figures bear absolutely no close relation to actual fuel consumption on the road in everyday use. Official figures are based on a rolling road formula in virtually laboratory conditions,and are intended simply to provide a basis for comparison with othe cars or manufacturers. So, for example, on a rolling road there is noair resistance to affect the consumption figures. The following link explains the process

http://www.audi.co.uk/owners-area/tutorials.html

Click on the "Fuel consumption figures explained" link

fwiw, I get around 40mpg with my TDi SE Stronic 177HP. This is a mix of urban and rural, gentle driving (Official figure is almost 50mpg). In general, real life is round 20-30% worse than published figures

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Honestjohn site has been campaigning for years for real mpg's to be made available, the site builds its figures from users posting their real experiences rather than the works of fiction required by the EU from the manufacturers. Real world seems to be about 20% less than official figures across the Q3 range.

No direct link to the Q3 stat's so you will have to scroll down if interested and the more of us that post the more accurate they will become hopefully.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/RealMpg/Results?manufacturer=audi

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just been on a 50 mile run - mix of rural and urban roads with my TFSI SE and the average was 37.6mpg. I think that's fairly good for a petrol engine. I will be testing it on a motorway drive soon.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I have certainly been impressed with the FWD 140 engine and manual gearbox- Stop Start doesn't get used a great deal now that I take a cross-country route to work, but consistently on a 21 mile drive to work, the car computer is indicating 55+ mpg.

Again, I used Motorways a reasonable amount too and a 30 litre refuel gives near-on360 miles of driving - I am driving down to Newquay next month, and can't wait to see how it does on a really long "cruise"

·
Registered
106 Posts
had my q3 140 tdis line fwd for 6months...average ful consumption done by me by filling up tank eah refill is 45mpg very mixed driving....best by me slow cross country trip in convoy 80miles total was 67mpg via computer read out fuel consumption muh better than my previous 2009 a4 avant 140 tdi

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi every one now done 700 miles and the fuel consumption is getting better ,had a small run today with mixed conditions got 38 mpg thats noot too bad
.Been on the motor way doing 70 thank goodness no vibration and i have 19 inch wheels,first time i have had chance to try it .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had mine just two weeks, but avering nearly 40mpg over a mix of driving. That's with a 2.0 TDi quattro. So I'm happy with that so far and presumably it can only get btter as it loosens up.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Mine is now 5 weeks old. Covered 1600 miles.

For the first 600 miles it averaged 45mpg, but this did involve quite a few long runs. We then went on holiday to Cornwall, a 350 mile trip each way. Setting the cruise control at a sedate 65 there and back resulted in 54mpg. Overall we did 1000 miles in a week and it averaged exactly 50mpg.

No complaints

Hoping for 40+ mpg in normal every day motoring.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts