Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could only find one post on this, from 2014, so things may have changed since then.
Is there a way to activate a chime alert to accompany the tiny (for my ageing eyes) snowflake symbol on the centre dash panel?
No, I am not a snowflake.

Every other make of car I had in recent-ish times had it so it seems a bit odd.
The symbol actually lights up at about 5c, which also seems quite high as that is close to being a summers’ day in Sussex.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Dave
I've never found a setting on mine that chimes either and yes it displays at 5c or below. I'm sure my B8 A4 used to chime or alert in someway but may have dreamt this...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Spike
I can’t remember back to my A3 but I’m sure the various other VWs had a chime and the BMWs did.
It’s not the end of the world but we both commented on it on our first cold driving day of the winter yesterday.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hey David, I had the “chime” on my previous Golf R32. Im pleased that the RS doesn’t,as it used to scare the s**t out of me every time it went off!! 😫

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey David, I had the “chime” on my previous Golf R32. Im pleased that the RS doesn’t,as it used to scare the s**t out of me every time it went off!! 😫
Good point. Your eyes start hunting for a warning light.
In some ways, I’m not bothered either way but it just seemed odd that it didn’t ping.

Mind you, my wife's very early ‘03 Mini doesn’t have a screenwash warning and you can’t see the tank :unsure: My ‘05 JCW did so I guess they realised too late.

Reactions: TheJam

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weird double post…sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts