Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recently delivered (2 weeks old)Q3 S-line S-tronic has exactly the same issues, vibration from around 24-30 mph, then again from around 75-80 mph.

i have had it back to the dealers who obviously balanced the wheels, the vibration was still evident, then they contacted Audi who told them to drive the car until the tyres were at normal temperature, race back to the dealership, remove the wheels and balance whilst hot.

this was carried out but still the same.

My wife has a brand new A5 with similar 19 inch wheeels with no vibration on the A5.
last sunday, removed the wheeels from the A5 and swapped with the Q3 off road type alloys, drove the car until warm, wheels still vibrating and still pulling to the left.

what does this tell me!
i reckon that audi have an issue with the transmission or the drive shafts, but either way i will be returning this lemon

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am facing the same problem with my q3 .it goes on the left side on its own. dont know what the service guys gonna do

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jeremy Clarkson reviewed the Q3 SE S Tronic and did not like it. Normally that's a big thumbs up for the car in my view but he did say "To drive? Well, it's hard to say because the wheels weren't balanced properly, and trying to be rational when viewing the world through wobble vision is like trying to concentrate on the finer points of someone who's constantly hitting you over the head with an axe." Sounds like Audi could not even sort it out for a test car sent out to the press! Edited by: TKP

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've got the ongoing vibration and pulling to the left problem with mine, its been in 3 times to get fixed but even though it is better its not right.The car was due to go back in on monday for a week, Audi UK are aware of the problem with my car (and Q3's in general)but have told the dealer that there is currently no fix to the problem and there is an investigation into the problem, they may want my car in to get more info into the problem.My advice is let your dealer know of the issue and make sure that they raise a technical report with Audi UK, the more cars that they know about the more pressure that will be applied to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts