Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Mine is the Edition 1, full fat and dirty.
20210405_120327.jpg
20210405_120338.jpg
20210405_120357.jpg

Registered
Looking good !! I love the alloys ! 馃グ
Also : it really confirms I鈥檓 gonna have the badges removed, like you did. It鈥檚 really nice 馃憤馃徎

Registered
What does 芦 edition 1 禄 means ? (Sorry for the stupid question 禄 馃槵)

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Half way through last year Audi had the Edition 1 variant which was one down from Vorsprung. I did not want the Vorsprung as it came with dynamic suspension and my personal preference was sports suspension. What I did then was to add on options to get it as close to a Vorsprung as possible. The 20" alloys were a special edition at the time so I went for them. As regards the badges I retained the front/rear quattro and Audi rings and the two front wing s-line.

Registered
Very nice in all black 馃憤馃徎

Registered
Half way through last year Audi had the Edition 1 variant which was one down from Vorsprung. I did not want the Vorsprung as it came with dynamic suspension and my personal preference was sports suspension. What I did then was to add on options to get it as close to a Vorsprung as possible. The 20" alloys were a special edition at the time so I went for them. As regards the badges I retained the front/rear quattro and Audi rings and the two front wing s-line.
Oh ok. I see now. Thanks for the explanation. Honestly I think I prefer your alloys. 鈽
did you remove the badges by yourself ? I鈥檓 afraid to do so.

Super Moderator
Dental floss for the badge removal. You'll likely be left with the residue of the double sided tape that holds them on - I've found a rag moistened with petrol will soften it without damaging the paint. Or you could just leave it....

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
I got the dealer to remove them. You will never know that they were there.

Registered
Oh ok. I see now. Thanks for the explanation. Honestly I think I prefer your alloys. 鈽
did you remove the badges by yourself ? I鈥檓 afraid to do so.
Don鈥檛 be afraid of badge removal it helps to play a hairdryer on them first softens the adhesive then, as John says just draw dental floss behind the badge one side to the other.
I usually use fine fishing line same thing and the residue of adhesive can also been cleaned off with Autoglym tar remover if you have it, other brands are available馃槀

Registered
Yep, heat gun on a low setting or hairdryer to loosen off, then elbow grease with autoglym tar remover to get rid of excess glue. Jobs a goodun... Worked a treat on mine when I did the black badges

Reactions: PLF

Registered
Loving the black badges !! 馃槏

thanks for all the tips and tricks 馃憤馃徎

21 - 31 of 31 Posts