Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my new Q3 about 3 weeks ago. About 2 weeks ago the tracker said that it had left the factory and currently it has still left the factory. How long does it take to get from the factory to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Can be anything from about 10 days to 6 weeks. When the car leaves the factory it's transported to the docks. The car then has to wait until there is a full load for the car carrier ship to collect. This web site enables you to monitor the car carriers if you feel the need....MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am confused. When I look at the Audi new car tracker it says that it is coming from Martorell in Spain. Now I have been told it is Gyor in Hungary. Which is correct?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Gyor Hungary, the same assembly plant that built the TT - and all the 5 pot RS engines are hand built there too. Györ (Hungary) . The previous generation of Q3, the 8U was assembled at the SEAT plant in Martorell.

The interesting question would be which sea port will it be exported from - the Germany built Audi's I've owned have all been exported from Emden and dropped off in the UK at Sheerness. Hungary is nearer the Adriatic sea but that's a long trip through the Med into the Atlantic and then up to the UK. My best guess would be a rail trip to Emden.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You were right. My dealer went into the Audi order system and found out that it is at Emden waiting to be loaded.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Cool, you'll be watching Marine Traffic to see the car carrier vessels at Emden now!

·
Registered
71 Posts
My new Q3 which was built just before the lockdown was reported to have left Ingoldstadt a month ago and has just today shown as having arrived in the UK so quite a while on the dockside in Emden. Not long now I hope.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Robbie_B, how did you manage to track your Q3?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have had an app on my phone - Audi UK - for a few years now. Shows details of current vehicle and lets you put in order number of new vehicles. This allows you to see the movement through assembly, paint shop, inspection, transit to dock and shipment to uk. Mine took an age between leaving the factory and arriving in the UK. I think this was because it was built and in final inspection just as all stopped for lockdown. So, it would have been one of the first out of the door after restart but a wait till a shipload had been put together for transit to the UK. Still it is expected in Hereford Audi beginning of next week.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's on a ship. Lets hope it's not called Titanic.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At long last it's in the UK. Theoretically not long to wait.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Shouldn't be long now.

·
Registered
633 Posts
All they have to do is wash the salt off it and finish putting it back together. ;) :)
Hope you get it soon.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Collected the new Q3 today. Wakefield Audi did everything I asked of them. Its very black but looks incredible. I have only done 15 gentle miles in it as I always run in my Audi's for 1000 miles then start really using it. I love the sunroof, I now wish I had ordered this on my previous Audi's.

Reactions: DavidS

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Great, glad you are enjoying it.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Should be up to 1k by the weekend then.
I picked up my ‘new’ Triumph at the end if January which had 150 miles on the clock. It rained a lot so I only did 120 miles until we went away for three weeks and we got into lockdown three days after we got home so it took from the end of January to early June to get to 500 miles. :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts