Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15yr beloved b7 200hp Quattro Avant is saying to me on the garage "Am I old?" Faultless, with 90K kilometers on the clock in perfect condition with many extras and lot of memories from holidays, where you could bring anyhing you want whatever the weather was(for skiing holidays I also have a long roof box).

For sure I will miss cargo space and 4wd but I am getting older.

I now have to stay on "budget" as kids grow up.

2 years ago I replaced my skoda yeti to a VW T cross 馃憣 and now I am thinking to change the "big" one as technology improvements I observe on T cross blow me away. (ACC, Side assist, rear traffic assist, rear view camera, etc)

Tiguan, Kodiaq and Q3 Sportback are on my shortlist if finally I will make the step.

I've read that s tronic and mhev system, reduces cargo space. I will go and check, but if so, I can live with manual also.

What is your opinion?

Super Moderator
Welcome to the club.

There are plenty of 35TFSi owners here to comment!

Registered
I cannot see that S tronic should make any difference particularly with a transverse engine layout. The 48v Li battery is situated under the boot floor which means that you cannot use the floor pan in the lower position. Also means that room for space saver spare wheel is compromised. The rear seat does slide forward to give greater load space if required. I have downsized from a Q5 and have not found any problems. Two years on and I am delighted with the car, same fuel economy as my previous TDI.

Registered
I had a 200+ bhp B7 Avant too and replaced it with MY18 Tiguan which seems to carry just as much stuff. Love the Tiguan SEL 2.0 TDi although would go for petrol engine now. Our other car is a Q3 35 and carrys a little less in the back but still a good amount. Don鈥檛 think the Stronic reduces space but as mentioned above the MHEV battery under boot floor encroaches a bit. Reallly pleased with the Q3 so far!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts