Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've performed a small forum update which has changed the look slightly. The update is designed to make the forum compatible with those using IPv6 connections.
Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Dan. As soon as the page opened I could see something was different, it appears on my PC that everything uses a bit more of the screen space now.

I've no idea what IPv6 connections are (Internet Protocol version 6?) but I bet it's got something to do with mobile devices. I find that most websites which cater for mobile devices don't look so good on a PC

·
Registered
757 Posts
I didn't realise any ISPs are using IPv6 yet, although I have heard of one or two trials. What a pity topics now have to take up greater screen space, especially when viewing on a tablet (iPad etc). Still, I suppose that's called progress, eh!

·
Super Moderator
5,730 Posts
Interesting.... there are some ISPs now using IPv6....but I don't see the correlation between a PHP change and IPv6 handling. Oh well, what do I know?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I thought the text layout looked different when I logged in but put it down to my cognitive condition.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Can we not revert to what we had before, at least until we have no choice but to 'tailor' the site to meet the requirements of IPv6.Certain topics already generate umpteen pages and with this 'new' setting we'll see loads more to scroll through unless, that is, other settings can be adjusted to compensate. Any chance of that, please?And, no, Noggin, its not your cognitive state. Not this time anyway!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
I agree oakey, leave well alone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts