Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 16 months and a recent nagging email to the Audi Executive Office I got this reply yesterday.....

"Having spoke to the sales office they have advised the current estimated build week for your vehicle is showing at an estimated build week 27 which is week commencing 4th July, however, please note this is purely a current estimation and can change. I can fully assure you that the factory is endeavouring to manufacture all the discontinued trims, however no Lead time has been supplied at this time due to supply restrictions." 馃槵 馃槑

Bit like Stingray intro (got to be old enough)... "Anything can happen in the next half hour year"

Once it's built I can get onto selling it as I have the used one with all of the toys instead of what Audi can be bothered to fit. Probably allow a 72 reg as well with that build date.

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum Tx!

It is very likely true - RSQ3 orders are appearing quite promptly, and I'm sure it hasn't got anything to do with unit model profitability either... :rolleyes: What spec did you order?

Super Moderator
That will look great, did you find an RSQ3 to test drive prior to ordering - they are VERY rare as dealer demos as a rule.

The slightly higher centre of gravity means one can have fun with the available performance - we know that the factory numbers of 395bhp/480Nm assume low grade fuel and when fed with E5 then 420bhp/500Nm is on tap - other than when mine was sickly with 3 unhappy cylinders I've never thought, not even for a nano-second that 'this sucker isn't quick enough'.

Registered
After 16 months and a recent nagging email to the Audi Executive Office I got this reply yesterday.....

"Having spoke to the sales office they have advised the current estimated build week for your vehicle is showing at an estimated build week 27 which is week commencing 4th July, however, please note this is purely a current estimation and can change. I can fully assure you that the factory is endeavouring to manufacture all the discontinued trims, however no Lead time has been supplied at this time due to supply restrictions." 馃槵 馃槑

Bit like Stingray intro (got to be old enough)... "Anything can happen in the next half hour year"

Once it's built I can get onto selling it as I have the used one with all of the toys instead of what Audi can be bothered to fit. Probably allow a 72 reg as well with that build date.

What spec are you? Q3 or RS? And what engine?
I was told this week that my vorsprung has moved date again due to being but into the 23 model build. (No differences鈥.) so no build date. Again.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mines a Q3 40TFSi. Looks like there is a trickle through the factory. Mine will be 23spec although there shouldn鈥檛 be many changes to a withdrawn model.

Registered
Hi All. just found this site and thought i'd join ahead of me owning one!. Very interesting. I ordered a Q3 Sportback 40 TDI Vorsprung in June 2021. I'm still waiting with an estimated build date end of July (next month). One question I have is that the dealer is no longer sure it will come with a push button start, as was shown to me last year. Any comments thoughts? thank you.

Super Moderator
Welcome David.

You should check with the dealer for all the revised specification changes - no Matrix headlights or wireless phone charging spring to mind, its a bit of a moving target.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I鈥檝e accepted that it will have what Audi have available on it. Hadn鈥檛 heard about the start button though.
from my ordered spec, I know it鈥檚 lost the Phone box, but suspect the Matrix lights may not be there and it will also be the standard Virtual Cockpit.
I don鈥檛 think I鈥檒l actually know until someone can check the VIN.

Registered
Are they still doing keyless then?
If not, having to turn a key and then press a button seems pointless. Unless you have a big red flap that you have to lift first ;)
My old BMW 130 just had a push in slot for the fob (not keyless operation) and then the nice little button.

Registered
Are they still doing keyless then?
If not, having to turn a key and then press a button seems pointless. Unless you have a big red flap that you have to lift first ;)
My old BMW 130 just had a push in slot for the fob (not keyless operation) and then the nice little button.
I liked that BMW arrangement - somewhere to put your keys rather than rattling in a cup holder or digging into your leg in your pocket!

Reactions: DavidS
1 - 13 of 13 Posts