Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I've read some of the messages on this forum and there seems to be some interesting topics coming up, so I've decided to add one of my own.

I've got a Q3 S-line. As I had my car from group stock I didn't get the option of the LED lighting pack and there are no footwell lamps either! obviously Audi trying to save a few quid?

Having looked in the footwells the apertures are there for the lamps to fit in to, however, I can't see any loose power cables.

I've spoken to my local Audi dealer who says it can't be done by them and there is no loom for them, but lamps are shown on there parts PC.

Question, has anyone added lights in the footwells? if so, what was needed and is there a power supply there? I'm not too bothered about having LED's that stay on, just some light when I open the car on these dark nights.

Many thanks in advance

Quattrosteve

Q3 2.0TDi 177 S-line DSG Ice Silver

·
Registered
34 Posts
same problem, were you able to find out any more info I was looking to change the interior light fitting as well, my dealer did not think it could be done, i don't see why not.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Go to a professional you might end doing something dangerous for the car... just a thought, at least consult a profesional car audio video shop they know whats hidden and where!

·
Registered
78 Posts
You should be able to source the light fittings for other VAG group vehicles at a significant saving over purchasing from Audi. As they're fairly standard fittings, you will find something suitable.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The light units you can get from skoda, not surgeon price, the light connectors can also be sourced, I also have the writing instructions available to

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sourcing the lights is all good, but without loom set up, would we have to revert to scotch-locks (like my 1984 Fiesta that I had to a radio, 12v supply, alarm and many of the other gadgets we take for granted today)?

·
Registered
34 Posts
why cut into the loom. for the footwell lights take the feed from the glovebox light. interior light would use the existing 12 volt supply.

·
Registered
275 Posts
You are right, but most Manu leave spare wires in the loom

·
Registered
53 Posts
The wires won't be spare in the loom, I have the pin assignment for the power and earth from J519, that's the on board power apply control unit just behind dash, that's where the power would come from if car had those s options from factory,

·
Registered
275 Posts
Where are you getting your info from Titch, is it on the net?

·
Registered
53 Posts
No, I know a friend who has access to Audi wiring diagrams, I asked for the info as I want to fit footwell and door lights into my car, I want to do it properly and asked him for the info, if you have a email I will forward you the info,

·
Registered
198 Posts
Take a feed from the glovebox light? They'd be on all the time!

·
Super Moderator
3,107 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts