Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 284 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all Q3ers, I've been reading all the posts about the annoyanceof those dam door mirrors and how to get them tofold/unfold with the keyfob. I havn't seen much progress with this subject, well, today,at last the mystery has been sourced and solved. Ive been in contact with a company who can access the box of tricks in the car and for £40 + vat will activate them. It only takes 10mins and will not invalidateany warranty, as soon as i'm down that way, will be calling in to get them done. Hope this info is of use to you all.
Check out, http://www.hazzydayz.com/i'm sure he can help.

·
Registered
613 Posts
It says £850 on the site for "Genuine Audi Auto Folding Mirrors".... Is that a Q3 owner's discount you are quoting?

·
Registered
111 Posts
You can't have read ALL the posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, bit of confusion creeping in. The price is to activate thealready fittedmanually switchingelectric folding mirrorsto work with a keyfob. ie lock the car they fold in, unlock and they fold out. Hope thats cleared the misunderstanding.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Words are words, promises are promises, the only reality is delivery. As someone famous said. Let us know if it works.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Agreed but as an outfit they look legitimate, thanks Richsherman, good find. Please let me know if you go ahead with them, they aren't so far away from me and worth a drive over.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've no probs with this company, I had an A3 many years ago and had cruise control fitted by HazzyDayz, he did an excellent job and was very reasonable with his prices. One thing to bear in mind, this activation is by diagnostics, so once its done there's no going back to normal via the MMI, its through the diagnostics to put it back, but i can't see the point!!! see below for parts of my email from Gareth at HazzyDayz:-

<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: verdana,sans-serif" ="ecxgmail_default">"Thanks for your online enquiry, we can certainly help with this request.
- To Code the Mirrors to Autofold when the vehicle is locked will cost £40 + VAT.
We will need the vehicle brought to us for this service.
The coding only takes 10 minutes and it will certainly not affect your Audi warranty.
One thing to note is that the Autofolding when locking and Auto-unfold when starting the car can only be turned on/off with the diagnostics machine.
- Models such as the Q5, A5 A4 8K etc allow the user to turn this function off/on via the MMi system. Unfortunately this is not supported on the Q3/A1.
We usually require a day's notice if possible, we're open from 09:30am-6pm Monday-Friday and 09:30am-1pm Saturday."
<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: verdana,sans-serif" ="ecxgmail_default">

<DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: verdana,sans-serif">I won't be going till later on this year as I live up in East Yorkshire, but if anyone else has it done please keep us all informed.
Edited by: Richsherman

·
Registered
100 Posts
Can these guys activate the Sat Nav or anything else .?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi ******,
Not so sure about that, think thats more of an Audi thing, according to other posts the SD nav card has to be matched to the vehicle, nothing to do with making more money of course!!!but suggest you get in touch with them, websites on the first post I put on.

·
Registered
563 Posts
****** said:
Can these guys activate the Sat Nav or anything else .?
Hi
No they will not be able to activate the SD Sat Nav.

·
Registered
563 Posts
To anybody thinking of have this done, please be aware your firmware could be changed when your car is serviced and your car may lose the ability to auto fold.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good thinking, Del, its worth checking after the service has been done. Edited by: Richsherman

·
Registered
201 Posts
Thanks Del, if this works and I can't see any reason it shouldn't it's really poor that Audi didn't include this in the MMI, there would be no reason why they didn't, it isn't a cheap car. The same goes for switching the bias on the headlights for European driving.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Del, I'm not sure that is the case re a firmware update. The change of the mirrors setting is a software switch change, and not a firmware reprogram, so I think a firmware update would not necessarily affect a switch position.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Ron
I'm just going by what I've read on other forums, people have lost VCDs settings when their car has been serviced, so it's possible it could happen.
The thing to ask hazzydayz is will they re-enable the feature if it gets wiped ?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I raised the lack of auto-fold on the door mirrors with AUDI UK customer services via email. -

And a nice lady rang me to explain that there is a user adjustable setting in the MMI to make mirrors automatic. I explained about this forum and that real owners had tried to adjust the mmi without success - and that they were amazed (and disappointed) that it was not an option.

She assured me this was the intended functionality (she had been told by audi techies) and it should be a user setting in the MMI - but that she would feed back the user concerns to the technical people to investigate - meanwhile she said that any audi dealership would be happy to discuss and should be able to help.

well maybe when the techies investigate they may find its not as planned and fix it? who knows?

more people that complain maybe they will modify?

cheers

al

·
Registered
65 Posts
Fascinating. The exact opposite of what they told me after consulting both the UK and German factory technical people. The explanation was the need for additional electronics, a part of memory seat options, not available on the Q3.

The more of us who get in touch with Audi customer services the better!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The plot does thicken!!!!! I think drjamesr is right, its about time we all revolted to Audi HQ and got to the bottom of this missing MMI option once and for all. After all if a Ford can have it why can't a £30,000 Audi. Who's up for a festive weekend courtesy of Vorsprung Durch Technik
Edited by: Richsherman

·
Registered
65 Posts
and maybe ask for a refund of the cost of the option? You never know your luck

·
Registered
201 Posts
I will contact them this week, it's ridiculous that it isn't installed in the mmi.

1 - 20 of 284 Posts