Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have ordered a new q3 black edition with a few added options one being electric folding door mirrors, I asked if they fold automatically when ignition is turned off or doors locked iwas toldthey do but can,t find any info on this ....can anyone help...cheers

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you have the advanced key then by keeping your finger on the outside door button for 2 to 3 seconds the mirrors will fold. They will unfold when you turn the ignition on.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I can't actually remember but mine do fold on lock. If you can change it it will be in the car menu in the MMI.
If you manually fold in then you will have to manually fold out using the mirror control knob.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Just took del of my BE, the mirrors fold on locking. I've been trying to assimilate the handbook and not yet come cross anything about switching between auto/man fold. That's not to say I may yet come to it.

Mike

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Unless the Car system menus have change on the 2018 MY cars there isn't a menu option to auto-fold the mirrors on lock as there is in say a Q5.

The factory have started enabling by default and for owners of older cars (with elec folding mirrors fitted) it can be added using a 3rd party tool like OBD11.

·
Registered
360 Posts
RSQ3John said:
Unless the Car system menus have change on the 2018 MY cars there isn't a menu option to auto-fold the mirrors on lock as there is in say a Q5.

The factory have started enabling by default and for owners of older cars (with elec folding mirrors fitted) it can be added using a 3rd party tool like OBD11.
Yes - checked this morning and it just does it. (Provided you specified the folding mirror option). The little knob on the drivers door overrides the fold on lock option. That is to say if you fold the mirrors manually to drive into your garage then they stay folded until you manually fold them back out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
picked up my new car on 31/3/2018 amazing! my doubts about auto-folding mirrors where unfounded as this was set up for me by the audi dealer......one thing I must say though an audible sound when locking/unlocking car with advance key would be handy(as on my previous car mazda cx-5) but really pleased so far

·
Registered
402 Posts
rodders43 said:
picked up my new car on 31/3/2018 amazing! my doubts about auto-folding mirrors where unfounded as this was set up for me by the audi  dealer......one thing I must say though an audible sound when locking/unlocking car with advance key would be handy(as on my previous car mazda cx-5) but really pleaysed so far
Hi rodders43, just checked on my OBD11 and audible warning on lock/unlock/both is an available app. You can have a look for yourselves by downloading the OBD11 app on a smart phone for free. Put your Q3 engine type in and it will show you the available modification apps.
Cheers Andy P

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi rodders43,
My '18 BE came with folding mirrors on locking and lots of other 'bells and whistles', too many to list.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts