188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed chrome trims on fog lamps. Looks better

Edited by: pekX2to

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it from Yahoo auction Japan. i believe you can also get them from eBay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I got a set a few months back on eBay, from China. Took a while to arrive but are a simple fit with 3M adhesive tape supplied. Cheap to buy. Time will tell if the finish will survive an English winter, but are easily removed if they do deteriorate .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi pekx2to, in your sig you mention the chrm pkg, didn't the fog light surround come as part if this package?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I have the chrome package (high-gloss package in Japan) but this is only for the chrome around the side windows and the aluminum roof rack.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It"s actually the front of a ramen (noodle) shop.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I bought some from ebay and they have arrived today. I note that they should be warm when fixed and allow 48 hours to adhere properly. The predicted heatwave today should be enough

I checked them against my wifes A1 (which had the rings fitted) and they appear to be identical.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could not get the ring to perfectly fit because the adhesive I got was a bit thick. As a result there is small gap but not noticeable unless you look very closely.

·
Registered
485 Posts
These came with 3m double sided tape already fitted, so it was only necessary to peel off the backing and attach.

They are now fitted and look really good
There is a very slight gap, so I must remember not to aim the pressure washer at them on the next wash.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts