Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I’m in the process of purchasing some front and rear mud flaps,has anyone attempted to fit them ? I’ve a vorsprung model so I need the s line fitting ones.Had a look on utube but no joy.
Thanks,Gary.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You have sourced them ?
I ask because I was told they were not available for my 2020 RSQ3.

Mike

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's where I was going. They didn't make rears (Iirc) for the S line.
I've got some nice ones for mine. As an engineering designer fitting won't be a problem, I'll do it when I've fired new tyres to and put the summer wheels back on.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
You have sourced them ?
I ask because I was told they were not available for my 2020 RSQ3.
Mike
Saw these on Ebay Mike:
Plastic Mud Flap Splash Guards Mudguards Fender For Audi Q3 S-Line 2019 2020 | eBay

Obviously 'non genuine - might require work'

It looks like the fronts will fit OK, we have the big sill extensions, the rears look good as far as the painted panel extends, below that might need some improvisation though? It's under the £35 import duty threshold so might be worth a try?

Update had a **** it moment and pressed the buy button - the compatibility table says they will fit. Saying 6th of May for delivery.....carrier pigeon must be having flying lessons? :rolleyes:

Reactions: S3GCN and Mr c

·
Registered
54 Posts
Saw these on Ebay Mike:
Plastic Mud Flap Splash Guards Mudguards Fender For Audi Q3 S-Line 2019 2020 | eBay

It looks like the fronts will fit OK, we have the big sill extensions, the rears look good as far as the painted panel extends, below that might need some improvisation though? It's under the £35 import duty threshold so might be worth a try?

Update had a **** it moment and pressed the buy button - the compatibility table says they will fit. Saying 6th of May for delivery.....carrier pigeon must be having flying lessons? :rolleyes:
Wow John that’s really cheap for four, will wait to see how yours turn out before I bite the bullet. I find goods from China vary enormously from as good as OM, not quite as good but fine to a complete waste of money 😂
They look fine and there’s no real reason why this sort of product material wise should be anymore where ever there from, be sure to let us all know how they turn out.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Saw these on Ebay Mike:

Thanks John, I'll take a look.
The grey missile will be taxed on 1st, I'm itching to warm up the cylinders. Got a new baby coming to the stable, VW Golf 8 R in Lapiz Blue, should be an interesting drive.

Mike

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I had a little run out in mine early this morning while the roads were quiet, is an epic tool. When you have some spare web surfing time Google "EA 855 EVO", the RS 5 cyl engine in alloy block form. It turns out that the quoted 395bhp/480Nm is very conservative and assumes lousy fuel. Various tuning shops confirm that on 99 octane fuel its consistently 420bhp/500Nm. Is an engine that was specifically designed for motorsport.

I know a retired midwife who has a new Golf 8 in a gorgeous metallic blue - looked like Audi Navarra blue to me. I have washed it once for her (decent chap that I am) and set up her phone and the car's systems too, the Golf is exquisite. It pains me to say it but I think the Golf virtual cockpit is waaaay better appearance wise that the Audi version as the instruments seem to 'float' on the blue background - uncanny. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I’ve sourced them from Audi parts direct .I need the s line ones for my model .
Cheers ,Gary.
Good stuff Gary - knowing how expensive the genuine items are and the fact that making some fit the rear of an RSQ3 (we have large oval exhaust tailpipes each side) will likely involve the purchases having a close encounter with a Dremel - which could end in failure anyway £30 seems worth the risk....

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
They have arrived, 10 days from China, no requests for additional payments for customs duty, look like decent quality items, I'll see what the fit looks like later.

Reactions: Mr c and Jackal

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have some from China too, arrived in under 2 weeks (F3 S line Spec) fit around the curves and bends nicely but not putting them on until I can borrow a ramp..I will post some pics...The qlty actually mirrors that of original set on my last Q.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Come on guys get these bad boys fitted 😂 don’t want to order till confirmed there fine.
not that I got my car yet to fit them to.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Have been and had a look, the fronts look like they will fit well over the sill extensions - same as an S-Line. Unsurprisingly, because the RS rear apron is different the rears are going to need surgery from the 'knee' point on the right hand side down to the mounting 'tab' in the lower left of the image. The 'tab' does however appear to be in the right location which is encouraging so its 'just' a case of getting the profile correct...at least they were only £30 for the set, seem decent quality too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Cheers John, mines going to be the S Line so shouldn’t be a problem think I will order them will be nice to put them on from day one.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
OK, it was a £30 risk...they don't fit well enough for me and are in the garage bin.

The fronts have an unsightly gap between the sill extension and the lower part of the front wing.

The rears, on the RS, even when altered to avoid fouling the rear apron's diffuser flutes adjacent to the tail pipe trims don't sit flush against the painted bumper - though all the screw holes line up. Its reasonable to assume that the rear bumpers profile was adjusted to match the exhaust pipe trims which have been pushed out to the corners of the car.

No regrets, was worth a try.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts