Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years of purchasing cars that were 'workhorses' needed for my 1000 miles per week travel to work, I have finally retired and can buy a car that I can enjoy. Always wanted a crossover or SUV and when the Q3 was introduced, it was just what I wanted. I have never had an Audi before, but always liked their style and quality.

I have purchased a Q3 2.0 TDI, with SD Sat Nav & Comfort pack in Ice Silver. Wanted more options but as this car was already on order by the dealer with a mid August delivery, I was happy to take it as it was.

Looking forward to taking delivery and enjoying the car

·
Registered
264 Posts
hpoe you enjoy your Q3 when it arrives , I am still happy with mine having had it 8 months , still see very few on the road .

·
Registered
201 Posts
Also hope you enjoy your car when it arrives, I've been told that mine is now built and has been shipped, expected at the dealership in 3 weeks time. Hope to see some shots of your car when it arrives and your thoughts on it, I will do the same although I apologise in advance for my photo skills.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I ordered mine in april and will pick it up in september, what build week is yours Contrition? as i think that mine may be about the same time so could be on the same ship.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi sherbs, my build week was 28 (July 9th) it's apparently in transit now from the factory to the dealer but I don't know where exactly. I'm guessing I will take delivery mid-August? The dealer has said they will hold the car for 2-3 days once it arrives for a pre-delivery inspection.

Have you been able to track yours?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a call from the dealer on the 19th to tell me that it was being built that day (i was told build week 29, initially it was going to be 30, but if yours was B/W 28 mine looks like B/W 30).
Even if the car arrives mid August i'm not going to take delivery until September so that it will be on a new plate.
I haven't really been bothered about production days or where the car was but as the days are ticking down i'm getting more excited.

Do you know how long it takes for the cars to arrive?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi sherbs, there should be a way to track your car, I remember reading in an early thread posted on this site about how to track your car using information the dealer could pull from the Audi UK ordering system. There was another link posted that enabled you to track the ship your car was loaded onto as well. Maybe someone else can help find them so we can both track?

I was told between two and three weeks after build week to delivery but the dealer wasn't overly sure or more likely didn't want to commit to something that could well end up being out of their control I suppose.

I'm tempted to delay delivery as well until September but again, I'm not sure how the dealer is going to react about my hanging onto the loan car they've given me in the interim.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had a call from the dealer Tuesday to let me know that the car had arrived at the dealers, i'll be going to have a look at it next week but won't get it until the new reg. I'm starting to get excited now
.Contrition, your car must be on the way to the dealers or there by now if it was being built at the same timeish?

·
Registered
485 Posts
My Q3 was build week 28. The sales lady who I ordered from has been on leave for the last 2 weeks and is back on Monday, so hopefully I will hear something then. I was originally told to expect delivery mid to late September.

Your posts are building up my expectations and excitement!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi sherbs, my dealer emailed me to say that the car is in the UK and is going to be delivered to the dealer next week. I have asked them to hold off on registering it until Sept' 1 (new plate) but will go down before hand once it's arrived to check it over.

Not long to go now

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks like we will all be picking the cars up at the same time, hopefully there will be lots of photo's posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts