Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered SLine Quattro manual in Silver. Dealer called me to say car should be available in next 2 weeks. I explained that I would prefer to wait until 1st march now. Not sure dealer is happy with this as we have agreed a deal on the part exchange. Should we hold our for a 13 plate and will it make much difference to re- sale value in future? I suggested dealer could take our part ex now. Any advice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'd wait. Ours is already at the dealers but we had agreed that if they were to receive the car towards the tail end of Jan or Feb then we were willing to wait till March for the new plates. (Roll on 1st of March)

·
Registered
44 Posts
It depends how long you want to keep the car. If 5 years plus then I don't think it matters, because condition overides age,but if selling earlier, its worth a few hundred pounds. Having said that, how many people want a 13 plate? That may push second hand values down a bit especialt if 13 plate stories start appearing in the press,

·
Registered
143 Posts
Picked mine up on sunday couldn't wait and didn't want 13 on the plate

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I agree. I'm not superstitious so don't really mind either way. If we keep for 5 years or so it shouldn't make too much difference if we take it on a 62 plate. Thanks for your views.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I took delivery 10 days ago, I used taking before 1 March as a bargaining tool, I wasn't bothered about 62 or 13 as I have a private plate to transfer on to it. I have taken delivery at this time of year on a number of occasions and it hasn't made any difference at trade in time because I drive a hard bargain
But of course the choice is down to the individual.Edited by: DBQ3

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
That's what I would have done, hope it all goes well for you on Thursday.
Who cares what plate is on it, if I worried about resale then buying new cars wouldn't be for me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts