Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RSQ3 SE in Dayton Grey, C&S, red calipers
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Comes on for no apparent reason, pings up after circa 1.5hrs then after that when it feels like it. All sensors are clean, occurs when road ahead is wide and straight and no traffic approaching, dry conditions. I am told my car is not awaiting a s/w upgrade, service desk has nothing to add except document occurrences for passing on to Audi UK.
Anyone had this issue if so how was it fixed, thanks.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
4,272 Posts
Ahhh

In the vehicle settings you can set Pre-Sense sensitivity to 'Late'. That usually discourages the system from being a nuisance - we both come from an era when this sort of frippery wasn't even thought of Mike!

·
Super Moderator
6,659 Posts
Bloody silly, innit? With a new car these days you seem to have to spend an awful lot of time disabling or minimising a lot of under-developed electronic crap before being able to enjoy the car. There's something fundamentally wrong with the design of the ****' things today. Perhaps if they'd drop the Microsoft-spawned idea of using end users as beta-testers and produced something that actually works before marketing it the end product might be a bit more user-friendly.

Reactions: Hen and DavidS

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your replies. Aye, it's a pita, I dis the stop/start as soon as I start up, and now it looks like I will have to do the same with the Pre Sense, another avoidance step. l have tried it in all settings but to no avail. I suppose I'll have to put up with it until my frustration takes over, and when I take it in I'll bet a £ to a pinch of shyt it comes back NFF. Ah the joys of modern motoring with too much unnecessary tech.

Mike

·
Registered
606 Posts
I just ignore it that big red circle with car crashing symbol and ping like you said.
As it does not do anything else apart from ping and displaying.
Although mine do not come ON at open roads but here and there it does when it's rainy or its too sunny 🤣
Thank God it doesn't stop the car otherwise I would have been rear ended long time ago 😃

·
Registered
530 Posts
It's the lane keeping fandango that gives me the squitters and the fact that it is not just a sound warning but a physical intervention which in certain circumstances can be downright dangerous . Whoever at Audi towers thought that was a good idea should be castrated with a rusty hacksaw blade

·
Registered
343 Posts
Bloody silly, innit? With a new car these days you seem to have to spend an awful lot of time disabling or minimising a lot of under-developed electronic crap before being able to enjoy the car. There's something fundamentally wrong with the design of the ****' things today. Perhaps if they'd drop the Microsoft-spawned idea of using end users as beta-testers and produced something that actually works before marketing it the end product might be a bit more user-friendly.
LoL Im still not used to mine , (dont drive it enough)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had the same alert again today. Interestingly at the same point on a fairly quiet road with no traffic around. Beginning to think it might be RF generated, however there are no obvious suspects in the wilds of W Ross at this particular place in the road. Anyone share any ideas on an RF source causing the alert ?

Mike

·
Registered
530 Posts
Had the same alert again today. Interestingly at the same point on a fairly quiet road with no traffic around. Beginning to think it might be RF generated, however there are no obvious suspects in the wilds of W Ross at this particular place in the road. Anyone share any ideas on an RF source causing the alert ?

Mike
When you get the alert what message comes up with the the sound. ? I have had variously "TAKE CONTROL OF THE STEERING"(had both hands on steering wheel at time) , RESTRICTED VISIBILITY AHEAD" (perfectly clear road ,could see for miles) , COLLISION AVOIDANCE (well their was an oncoming car but it was on the other side of the road. ).DANGER < GRAVEL IN ROAD AHEAD. ( Actually there was )

·
Registered
248 Posts
Alerts such as limited visibility are generally from google/sat nav think, usually comes with the radio type symbol I think in the corner, you can turn them off in the sat nav.

Pre-sense is very different as it’s the car ‘seeing’ or thinking it’s seeing something.

Mike, is it always the same bit of road it happens on?

Should add I’ve had no issues on mine, just booked in for first oil service (£284) and also advised that no software updates due for my September 21 (22MY) RSQ3

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Beanjunior,

The alert occurs at precisely the same point on the A832, near Gruniard House going S about 200m before the sharp bend onto the bridge going over the Gruniard R. Big ugly 'alert' jumps up in red then goes, no braking.
Previous to today's alert I had asked Highland Audi if there was a s/w update, my car, Feb '22, is up to date with no outstanding actions awaiting. As you can see I am puzzled as there is no physical presence causing this unwelcome alert hence my wild guess at a RF interference. There is no physical thing for the car to see.

Mike

·
Registered
248 Posts
Tree Asphalt Slope Natural landscape Road surface

Is that the spot Mike?
Only thought I’d have is good chance the pre-sense may be seeing the corner as an obstacle in front rather than corner that you may not be braking for going at a reasonable 😜 speed while enjoying our Highland roads and giving a warning, at least it doesn’t put the brakes on😳
Might be worth trying with minimal brake input to see if it still happens?? Be interesting to know the outcome if you do.
I have had pre-sense flash very occasionally but usually it’s for something obvious you can see and already aware of.
Cheers
John

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
View attachment 3844
Is that the spot Mike?
Only thought I’d have is good chance the pre-sense may be seeing the corner as an obstacle in front rather than corner that you may not be braking for going at a reasonable 😜 speed while enjoying our Highland roads and giving a warning, at least it doesn’t put the brakes on😳
Might be worth trying with minimal brake input to see if it still happens?? Be interesting to know the outcome if you do.
I have had pre-sense flash very occasionally but usually it’s for something obvious you can see and already aware of.
Cheers
John
Hi John,

The exact spot is ~250m N of the bridge (back towards Dundonnell), so you are close. The dist to the turn on the bridge is too far away to trigger the Pre Sense. I think next time I go to the Gairloch I'll take the R to see what if any alert I get.

Mike

Reactions: Beanjunior

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think RF interference is a likely cause. It's not quite the same thing, but there's a 'leisure' park near me (cinema, McDonalds, KFC etc etc) and on the single lane exit road at a certain point I always get a 'cruise control unavailable' alert or something similar - I forget the exact message. I can't think what else it could be other than some (probably) UHF device that is registering the number of vehicles leaving.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts