Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out this evening, couple of miles from home. Hear a loud pop, kind of behind me and thought 'firework', moments later a warning appears on the dash to say LHR tyre pressure low, cycle through the VC displays and there, sure enough is the LHR tyre icon in yellow and showing the pressure dropping quickly, turned around and headed for home...the tyre will be trashed as the last mile was on zero air - though not a fan of getting tubeless tyres repaired anyway.

Bridgestone Potenza S005 rubber in 255/40 R20 Y are rare so I rather expect to be buying a pair of something else.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the Audi TPM system because its so inaccurate it did provide meaningful information tonight and for that I'm grateful.

Speedometer Vehicle Gauge Motor vehicle Sports equipment

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Registered
Mine poked its head above the parapet a few weeks ago but a visual check looked ok but it had picked up a 6psi loss but that was as bad as it got. It鈥檚 been ok for the last 1000 miles though鈥eird.
Even my wife鈥檚 17 year old Mini鈥檚 system worked pretty well on full punctures (RFTs were dreadfully easy to puncture back then).

Reactions: RSQ3John

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tyresonthedrive - aka Halfords. Will have to have a pair, Potenza S007 for 拢338 fitting on Tuesday.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did take a look yes - thanks. 1st available fitting date is the 11th - Thursday, too long.

Registered
Sorry to hear but at the same time nothing major and you managed to get back home without too much of fuss.
That display is missing in my current Audi which like you in my previous cars have provided that meaningful information which is great.
And I keep one of those air pump from Halfords in boot which helped me drive back home although I had to stop and fill air few times.
Anyway I have that 3rd party work around tyre pressure display in place which is still alive and for the price I paid I wasn't expecting it to last too long 馃槀

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So Halfords 'Tyres on the Drive' have done the deed this morning - absolutely no complaints, perfect job and a nicely equipped van with all the latest kit - loved the air-jack equipment they have.

The object that pierced the tyre was pointed and hollow - no wonder the pressure dropped so quickly.

Thankfully the inner part didn't hit the alloy rim. The fitter located the tyre balance spots next to the valves with the result that the number of wheel weights has halved - and luckily for me the exposed self-adhesive tape came off with no residue...being OCD I like clean wheel wells.
Road surface Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Rectangle

Brown Wood Grey Floor Flooring

Super Moderator
Looks suspiciously like a spike from a stinger to me - what have you been up to? :)

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought exactly the same re the stinger spike - but felt I ought not to get stuck in a conspiracy theory - was on the edge of the 'less nice' bit of Leamington Spa at the time too,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts