·
Super Moderator
6,467 Posts
I ain't touching that one... :censored:

Reactions: Menace

·
Registered
111 Posts
PCW mission completed!! Highly recommended and Paul is a lovely guy, happy to explain to a no so clued up about what is to happen, how it will happen and explain the two alternative mods available.

Reactions: Rico-RS

·
Registered
2021 RSQ3 Sportback Sport Edition, Daytona Grey, C&S pack, red calipers.
91 Posts
PCW mission completed!! Highly recommended and Paul is a lovely guy, happy to explain to a no so clued up about what is to happen, how it will happen and explain the two alternative mods available.
Good to know, can’t wait until April when I’m booked in.

Didn’t realise they’d be options, can you briefly explain the two please?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I’ve sent PCW a message so waiting to hear back, I am hoping the PCW mod in conjunction with the CETE controller will provide the perfect amount of sound without going anywhere near the OPF

·
Registered
91 Posts
I’ve sent PCW a message so waiting to hear back, I am hoping the PCW mod in conjunction with the CETE controller will provide the perfect amount of sound without going anywhere near the OPF
Same here, not messing with the OPF!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Good to know, can’t wait until April when I’m booked in.

Didn’t realise they’d be options, can you briefly explain the two please?
IIRC, the option I chose allows you to keep sound mostly stock with valves closed. The other option was louder with valves closed and even louder valves open.

·
Registered
91 Posts
IIRC, the option I chose allows you to keep sound mostly stock with valves closed. The other option was louder with valves closed and even louder valves open.
Hmm interesting!

presume you have the sports exhaust? Is it noticeably louder with valves open now?

Do you also have a valve controller?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmm interesting!

presume you have the sports exhaust? Is it noticeably louder with valves open now?

Do you also have a valve controller?
Sport exhaust and Cete. I would say around a 15% increase and definitely a much nicer lower rumble

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same here, not messing with the OPF!
Any specific reason for not wanting to touch the OPF’s…? I might consider this at some point as a further mod, in theory no mot problems as emissions would still be within the limits

·
Registered
91 Posts
Any specific reason for not wanting to touch the OPF’s…? I might consider this at some point as a further mod, in theory no mot problems as emissions would still be within the limits
I’m sure it would still be an MOT fail but not sure how they tell?

·
Registered
111 Posts
You don’t need opf fitted to pass it. It seems they purely look at the emissions. Had this conversation at PCWs yesterday. The only issue is that you will then be forced to remap or eml will come up

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Emissions are part of the MOT, also that kind of tinkering is going to invalidate your factory warranty - will be a 'mare when you trade the car for something else.

·
Super Moderator
3,723 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Absolutely!

It's a long wait for an appointment.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts