Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The F3 RSQ3 shares a common characteristic with the 8U - the front brake discs are big and expensive - we are in the £500+ a pair territory again so worth taking care of. The F3 uses a new design of lightweight aluminium 6 pot brake caliper with a conventional pair of pads each side.

The rear calipers are shared with other Q3s and are an odd 'skeleton' design made by Continental - yup the same company that are more commonly known for tyres.

I have to be fair now and say whilst I'm minded to swap to Redstuffs as I'm hoping to keep this RS longer term though to date at a smidge over 2,000 miles I'm seeing the OEM pads polish the disc faces (like Redstuffs do) rather than destroy which is what I'd been expecting - its not an urgent requirement.

Fronts: DP32277C - EBC Redstuff 3000 Series Sport Brake Pad Set, EBC Brakes

Rears: DP32295C - EBC Redstuff 3000 Series Sport Brake Pad Set, EBC Brakes

Use this Promo code (IAM485967) and get 15% off/Free delivery - worked Jan 14th 2021. Full set £153.59 delivered.

·
Registered
2014 RS Q3 on a private number plate
4 Posts
I put EBC red stuff pads front and back on my RSQ3. Well happy. Coupled them with a set of HEL braided steel brake lines too. Even the guy at the MOT station was well impressed with the brakes!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts