Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 6 month old Q3 this afternoon from Lincoln Audi. Have to say, the buying experiencewas probably one of the best I've had purchasing many cars over many years. So hats off to Karl and the guys and gals at Lincoln
Prior to today I owned an 18 month old Ford Kuga Titanium X with a Powershift Auto which was our 'safe' car to get around in the winter, rubbish weather and giving us access to 'off the beaten track' National Trust properties. I also have a 10 month old BMW 125i to give me the driving grin. But quite frankly, I've got fed up with washing and polishing 2 cars.I've been looking to replace both cars with something that will give the security of 4WD and an elevated driving position together with a grin factor. There's very little about that fits the bill. The BMW X1 is just downright, well, ugly. I was waiting for the new Merc GLA to come on stream, but when I saw the interior finish of the A series and the looks of the GLA, I decided I would have to look elsewhere.I was put off Audis some years back after a test drive in an A3 S Line nearly shook out my fillings. But after looking at the spec and performance of the Q3 211bhp petrol Quattro, I decided to give it a go. In short the car is fantastic. REALLY quick, smooth, very quiet and refined. The DSG box is really good and the quality of finish throughout the car is excellent.I got what I thought was a really good deal.....March 2013, 13 plate, 2600 miles, spec as per my signature, just under £28000.I'll get some pics up when I can get it clean again after a really dirty run home and look forward to contributing to the forum in the future

Edited by: Malph

·
Registered
613 Posts
Samoa Orange! - Brave chap, I salute you

The Q3 looks great in that colour - welcome aboard!

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Welcome indeed! Looks like you got a really sweet deal there - great spec. too. I have the 170BHP petrol S-tronic and it really shifts - I can only imagine what yours does. Look forward to seeing your pics.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Nice spec- enjoy

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome to the forum and may your traffic jams be minor! Enjoy your Q3.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome.Had a busy time, picked the car up last Wednesday, drove from home (near Huntingdon) to Wandsworth on Friday - not recommended, Son's wedding on Saturday and drove back yesterday. Car was brilliant and handled London's Friday traffic as well as you could expect any car to. The real bonus was the 33mpg return for the whole journey. Considering I wasn't hanging around on the A1 and the hour or so each way crawling about in London, I'm well happy with that. The performance from the 211bhp petrol engine is living up to expectations, quick, torquey and refined but with a rather good noise at the top of the rev range
Got to give it a wash this morning and I've put a couple of pics in the gallery.

·
Registered
184 Posts
A good spec. and a good price! Keep away from Kent though - I like being the only Jaffa in the neighbourhood. (Yes - I was going to rephrase that).

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok Joe, that's a promise! Gives me an excuse not to visit my Mother.

Edited by: Malph

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sounds like you have gone through the same process as me & the wife. Is Lincoln JCT600 group? We bout a Merc B-class B200 cdi auto "safe" car. Wife hates it, always has!

Merc were too busy for us.

Went to BMW twice, once in Peterborough where no one acknowledged us, the sales man even saw us inside a X1 and just snubbed us. Next was Boston but he kept telling us about the second hand stock he's getting and we couldn't try a new X1.

VW not much better, arranged a test drive in Peterborough but while on our way there they called to say the car is now sold so couldnt look at it, will call us when they get another. Boston were just plain rude! Finally got a go in a new Tiguan after a 20min wait due to lost gate keys. Poor sales girl was frantically trying to find them & the blokes were just laughing at her!

Also I wanted a price on the 2.0 Tsi DSG & 2 sales people next to us were having a loud discussion why anyone would want a petrol Tiguan, they must be completely stupid or an idiot!

The last straw was the finance man, told him what we wanted to pay & he came back with a totally different calculation with loads of extras I didn't ask for! He also couldn't quite answer fulling what the apr % was. About 6% isn't quite good enough!

Needless to say we were both totally cheesed off as we went into Boston Audi & poor Jayne got the full brunt of my unhappiness.

After a coffee and a chat we were on our way to our new car! Ben also did like I asked and gave me a calculation for finance on JUST the car.

Going to pick it up tomorrow, will let you know the full spec as it was a canceled order that morning so it didn't have much info! Lol

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Tommy.
Yup, Lincoln are Jct600 (sounds like a motorway intersection). The service I've had from them so far has been outstanding! On the test drive we heard a slight rattle from the boot area, but we all decided that it was a bag of cables and bits that the salesman had put under the boot floor. On the drive home the noise was still there but a bit worse, and the bits in the boot had been moved. When I got home, I had a look around and found one of the lugs on the parcel shelf that locates in the slots either side of the boot was broken off. The parcel shelf was flapping up and down.
Anyway, packed it with some tissue and stopped the rattle and Emailed Karl the salesman at Lincoln and explained the situation. I said the lug bracket looked really easy to change (2 screws), send me one and I'm good. The upshot is, they're sending me a whole new parcel shelf
, no questions!!
If this is a typical example of this dealerships after sales service, my next car could well be coming from them in a couple of years or so.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tommy K said:
Needless to say we were both totally cheesed off as we went into Boston Audi & poor Jayne got the full brunt of my unhappiness.
I got my Q3 from Boston Audi

1 - 11 of 11 Posts