Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Bit of a random question, but does anyone know why on uk q3's it doesn't show the engine size next to the engine technology on the back ? Have noticed on ones from other countries it says the size and type ? I think this is the same for other audis as well , it seems that older uk audis do though.

Odd !

Thanks
KBCYA

Btw, loving our tdi s line, Daytona grey

·
Registered
29 Posts
Simple...we have only one option and its 2 ltrs!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, makes sense ! But then our a1 doesn't have it either and that has multiple engine sizes and so do the a3 etc !

·
Registered
184 Posts
Not sure if this has anything directly to do with it - but on my specification sheet it says under section 9 - other exterior equipment: [2Z0] Delete mod & eng tech design. Presumably this means this information has been intentionally omitted as an option. I could of course be wrong.......

Edited by: Samoanjoe

·
Registered
518 Posts
"mod" I believe relates to SE or S, "eng tech" refers to Tdi or Tfsi, neither refers to engine size, I think.My personal opinion is it is a good idea to omit engine size, I think it's a bit of a throwback.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I understood 'mod' referred to the model- i.e. Q3, A1 etc, usually located on the left hand side.

'eng tech' refers to the badges on the right hand side and refers to TDI, TFSI, quattro etc.

On my wifes A1 we deleted the TDI under 'eng tech'

·
Registered
518 Posts
Of course, one could confuse everyone by having all badges deleted, andsticking a Bentley badge on the back!!

·
Super Moderator
6,208 Posts
Mrs G and I ordered both our Audis (Q3 and A3) with the unbadged option - it prevents damage caused by the Ungodly when they prise the friggin' things off.

An interesting side-effect of this is that, whilst the A3 is still instantly recognisable, the Q3 shape is not yet familiar enough. As a result, my pride and joy is referred to around here as the Audi Er...Er.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Gromit said:
An interesting side-effect of this is that, whilst the A3 is still instantly recognisable, the Q3 shape is not yet familiar enough. As a result, my pride and joy is referred to around here as the Audi Er...Er.
I overheard my (undoubtedly jealous) neighbour affectionately saying 'it looks like my Q3 has been Tangoed'!
Edited by: Samoanjoe

·
Registered
85 Posts
My dealer say it never comes with the engine size in our country (anymore). I forgot to order without the TDI & Q3 but the dealer was so kind to remove it smoothly without charge. He broke the letters though. If you want to remove it yourself, just heat it a little bit up and go behind the letters with fishing wire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts