Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my engine light came on, so took my car in for a full sercice and needed to get a new throttle. Got new throttle drove away engine light came back on. Took to garage and they said the throttle was newer than my car software so the car software was not compatible, anyway they fixed the issue and said car was safe. Drove 30 miles and engine loght is back on 馃檮 any ideas?

Registered
Did they say what the error code(s) was? and when they say they changed the "throttle" what exactly did they change?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They said i needed awhole new throttle. They said the error was the car software couldnt read the throttle as the part was newer than my software

Registered
May help if you let us know if it's petrol or diesel and the engine model

Cheers Spike

Registered
Was it an Audi (or VAG inde) workshop? It sounds pretty dubious that they know what they are doing. Without the error code it is a bit hard to help, but in most cases the the throttle body just needs cleaning, not replacing!

Registered
This youtube video shows how the throttle body can be cleaned. Sometimes the carbon build-up is so severe, the butterfly seizes solid and this can result in failure of the actuator mechanism.
2.0TDI Throttle Body Codes VW Audi FIXED and Prevention - YouTube
Their 'story' does not ring true to me either but without specific details it's difficult to advise.
I'm assuming the garage has agreed to sort it out and permanently clear the engine light - as this would be an MOT fail next time it's tested.

Cheers Spike

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This youtube video shows how the throttle body can be cleaned. Sometimes the carbon build-up is so severe, the butterfly seizes solid and this can result in failure of the actuator mechanism.
2.0TDI Throttle Body Codes VW Audi FIXED and Prevention - YouTube
Their 'story' does not ring true to me either but without specific details it's difficult to advise.
I'm assuming the garage has agreed to sort it out and permanently clear the engine light - as this would be an MOT fail next time it's tested.

Cheers Spike
Thanks Spike! Yes they will sort it out I hope tomorrow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts