Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Called them and they sent another technician out. He does think it might be the coil pack so he’s going to come back once he’s got the part. Hopefully that sorts it out.

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
Stop/start not working can be something simple like the battery being sufficiently charged.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So the tech last night thought the problem lies with the coil pack in cylinder 3. He didn't have a new one with him so he swapped the one from cylinder 3 and put it into cylinder 2 to see if it would come up on the diagnostics machine as a problem with cylinder 2 when I next drove it.

After driving it back home from my in-laws sure enough the light came on again when I floored it, so this morning he came back with the diagnostics machine and sure enough it said there is a problem with cylinder 2.

He has now put a new coil pack into cylinder 2 and told me to test drive it again when I'm back from work this evening. Fingers crossed!

·
Super Moderator
2,878 Posts
Diagnosis by substitution never goes out of fashion... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’ve just checked and the fuel cap was closed properly. Started it up again and this time it’s just the emissions light that’s on and not the EPC light.

View attachment 2375

I popped open the bonnet and there is a loud continuous tapping sound coming from the engine and a very strong smell of fuel.
I have exactly issue, intermittent epc error on the dashboard. I also went to Chingford and they were unable to resolve it.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts