Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my previous Q3 there was a separate SIM slot which I used, I had my own ee data sim and being ee the lte signal was always pretty strong, however audi in their wisdom have removed this slot, so we have to rely on the eSIM, the lte signal for this is shocking.. where I get full bars 5G on my mobile, the car lte ranges from nothing to 3 bars
which network provider do they use ?

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
To my knowledge Audi have never published the network they are using.

If you are using a decent Android smartphone such as a Samsung Galaxy then you can use the phone as a data source, this is because the phones support rSAP - remote SIM access profile. Apple iPhones do not provide this feature.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well 😢 I’ll just have to live with it I guess 🤣
That’s one up for Android, I have all Apple in my house. I’m not paying Audis third party provider for the WiFi hotspot support either, the wife & kids can use their own data 🤣🤣

Reactions: Q3 Dave

·
Registered
475 Posts
There is a sim slot at least in MY2020 which I have.
I did try another sim and it works.
Unless I am missing something.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Here it is.
Vehicle Automotive design Wood Automotive exterior Gas

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
The MY 2022 cars only have one slot, Audi probably thought that an extra SIM slot lost them a revenue opportunity.

The cynical bit of me notes that the Apple product user community is easy to take advantage of from a commercial point of view, already buying overpriced hardware that 'just works' so let's stiff them with an expensive data plan too.

Reactions: Gromit

·
Registered
475 Posts
:censored:

·
Registered
475 Posts
If I remember correctly that esim is from cubic telecom probably a MVNO

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My My22 doesn’t have a SIM slot or an SD card slot, they have removed both, plus the USB ports are now usb c, which make it quite a pain in the rear to do offline map updates, as you now need a USB to USB C converter, plus I have to get new USB C to lightning cables !

Reactions: Q3 Dave

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Thanks, I didn't know the SD card slot had gone too, everything off USB, saves Audi money in hardware - you do have MIB3 which is supposed to be technically superior to MIB2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts