Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just taken delivery of Q3 S-Line S-Tronic, replacement for a Q5 S-Line, paid £150 for electric heated/folding mirrors, does'nt appear to have the facility to retract them with the key when parking and locking, i set the function up quite easily on the Q5, am i missing a trick?

·
Registered
84 Posts
No is the simple answer. For reasons best known to Audi this function isn't there. It annoys me as my previous A4 could be simply set to do it in a similar way to your previous car. This point was discussed on this forum some time ago. If memory serves me right it was possible by reprogramming the ECU. Not sure if any Q3 owners have actually had this done. Try a forum search with "A1 mirrors" and you can find the discussion. Edited by: Tyreman

·
Registered
59 Posts
Tyreman said:
Not sure if any Q3 owners have actually had this done.

I've tried twice to find the relevant setting via VAG, but no luck as
yet. Following the instructions that were used on the A1 does nothing.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There's a shop in Japan who can modify the program in the ECU but I'm afraid of voiding my warranty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Same gripe here especially as my old A4 folded on lock. Was told by dealer that all new Audis are the same and don't fold on locking. The internet demonstrates how an A1 can be altered to fold on lock using VCDS by changing one code so I am sure it is technically possible on Q3. No one has yet said it's a safety feature not to fold. The only possible safety issue is maybe using the mirrors to see if it's clear to open the door and not see something in a blind spot. But equally likely just looking over your shoulder I'd say and many other car makes do it. Bring folding on lock back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts