Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says, are there any problems using grades lower than Super in a standard/unmodified F3 RSQ3 engine? Could there be any long term effects and would an octane additive be of any help in the longer term ? Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
500 Posts
Well don't own RSQ3 but on fuel flap if it says E10 compatible then I believe you should be alright.
That's what my knowledge and experience says.
But I won't lie to you I have used mostly super since day one as it's only few pence difference on long run might be a huge difference on pocket.
But makes me feel better that my TFSI 45 must be performing at peak.
I am sure more experienced members here would definitely going to pour in their knowledge :)
By the way when I had F Pace it's mpg was rubbish 250bhp 2.0 litres petrol. On regular runs including motorways only used to get 23mpg.
To improve mpg of that car i started filling up with super and it made a slight difference but not too much only 3 to 4mpg . The max on my regular runs I saw 26mpg.
But my current Q3 is Jack of all trades fast enough and fuel efficient than previous car.

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
RSQ3 - the inside of the filler flap says minimum 95octane, 98 recommended. There are knock sensors on each cylinder so it will adjust. E10 is fine.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Mine just says min 95. A lot of smaller garages round here don’t stock 98.
When greedy BP and Shell charge an extra 20p per litre it makes me wonder if it’s worth the extra stress of watching the £s hurtle round and then just bimble around locally. Esso are much more reasonable.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
God knows what the 97 is at the village garage near us. The whole place is unbranded although it was Texaco.
Never had any known problems with it over the years though.
I guess they just buy it like heating oil from a price consortium or something.
They are a bunch of shysters though…until they were ratted on, they used to buy stamps from our post office and then sell them for 2p extra.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I've started using Sainsbury's super unleaded. I was regularly filling with Shell V Power but the former is 15p a litre cheaper!
I’ve heard that this is actually BP Ultimate 🤔

Reactions: RSQ3John

·
Super Moderator
3,400 Posts
Have next week off so filled the RS at Tesco in Warwick, still no E5 so had more E10 - noted they had no diesel, thought the supply issues were over in the Midlands.

Reactions: TheJam

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
It’s probably a ploy to get diesel drivers to go to petrol or EV.
We will have to have waited 3 weeks to get our heating oil, which usually arrives in about 10 days from order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts