Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got experience of the various performance plug in systems. My car Q3 TDI 177 bhp.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had one on a Saab 9 3. It put power up from 150 to 205 bhp. You could install and uninstall simply by plugging the box into the obd port. Performance was much improved both in terms of acceleration and overall economy. Ran it in tuned form for around 3 years and had no reliability issues whatsoever. However, as these devices are not generally manufacturer approved, there's is a risk should something go bang. Best to source from a company with a good history, and don't go for one just because it's got the highest power output.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi have had a Chipexpress device on my Q3177TDI for over a Year now brilliant.Just had the car serviced so took it off drove like a different car felt flat and unresponsive without the tuning box,back on now wonderful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Will the vehicle show any sign that it's been used in the vehicle, I.e. some form of footprint on the CPU? Just worried that it could invalidate a warranty???

·
Registered
18 Posts
When mine was serviced I was given a printout of the ecu log for faults nothing showed up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What price are these chips?Pick my 140 SE TDI Q3 up on June 3. I will run it in for a 3-4 thousand miles but have researched a chip on line and the prices vary. They look easy enough to fit and by all accounts leave no trace when removed for servicing etc. My reason isn't speed as such but would like the option of a bit more grunt as I do 40.000 mostly motorway miles perannum soaccelerationboostwouldn'tgo a miss.Been running a Seat Leon FR for the last 3 years and after 120.000 miles of utter joy and performance I'm worried I will miss it a little!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check out Chipexpress or DTUK seem to get good reviews have had 2 Chipexpress boxes myself great service and very helpful.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Word of warning. Unless you declare you have added this to your insurance company your policy will be nil and void in the event of a accident.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts