Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of the forum members purchased a boot liner from Audi or eBay?
I have found a few sellers on eBay offering Q3 liners, if anyone has purchased one are you pleased with the fit and quality? Is it worth paying the extra for the liner from Audi?

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
I purchased one via Amazon the company, Rezaw Plast, had fittings for non spacer saver and space saver set ups, the Audi one is only suitable if you have the space saver set up. The one I got was good value at £35 delivered and fits perfectly although I now have a space saver, but the liner is flexible enough to still fit.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi saw your comments had a look at the site bought one ,thanks for the info.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dear DBQ3
Can you please tell me what parts you bought to achieve the space saver wheel set up.
Did you buy the spare wheel and the stowage box and fit into the otherwise empty boot. Did you cover the stowage box plus wheel withthe boot liner onlyor other method of achieving a flat boot floor to take luggage weight etc. before fitting the boot liner?

Or did you get the expensive Audi set up including the raised floor kit complete with new boot sides(as original equipment with spare wheel option as specified on a new car order).

I need to sort out a spare wheel solution and would appreciate advice.
Thanks
MJC

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the Audi boot liner - very good quality.I also purchased set of rubber floor mats to replace the carpet mats during winter - also very good quality - but as you point out, they are not cheap ( from Audi ).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hello MJCSorry for not replying sooner, was away over weekend. I didnt get the expensive set up just the wheel/tyre and boot stowage box, plus fixing bolt. I carefully lifted the boot carpet leaving it secured in place at the base of the seats and fitted box underneath, laying the carpet back on top. The carpet doesnt fit exactly on top but is flexible enough to mould to shape. I then but the original boot liner on top of the carpet. I have loaded the boot a number of times since, including luggage and other heavy objects and all was supported ok, I was considering cutting a piece of plywood to shape and fitting on top of the box, however I dont think I will at the present time. Although the set up is not as neat as the factory set up, it was a **** sight cheaper and lets face it your not looking in the boot as your driving
I hope this helps, although the final decision is yours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello DBQ3
Brilliant information, thank you.
Confirms my own thoughts, Yesterday I ordered the wheel, fixing bolt and the stowage tray. In conjunction with dealer the intention is to install those items and then review. Hadn't considered lifting the carpet but that is now an option. I decided that adding the spacesaver wheel did not justify the OEM ex works solution cost. As you rightly point out it is in the boot. Function more important than looks. Appreciate your post. Best wishes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Your welcome.I lifted the carpet because thats the only way to use the securing bolt unless you make a hole in carpet, which I didnt want to do, as I intend to sell the spare and box when I move the Q3 on.Are you getting the dealer to fit for you and are they charging? It is very easy to do yourself, I just loaded up bits from dealer and then fitted everything at home.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Does anyone know if this item is suitable for my 2014 Q3 SE?
http://www.audipartsdirect.co.uk/product/Audi_Q3_Boot_Liner_8U0061180
"Only in conjunction with – Level Cargo Bay Floor (Pr-Code 3GD) "</font>
</font>The cargo floor is indeed level but the code 3GD isn't in the list of PR codes stuck in the front of the Owner's Manual</font>
</font>What optionsmakethis matunsuitablefor the SE with a "normal " boot?</font>
</font>Thanks</font>
</font>
</font>

·
Registered
33 Posts
Much to my wife's disgust I fitted the liner from my previous 3 series Touring into the Q3. That was a freebie from BMW.
(Interesting there were no freebies from Coventry Audi, not even a bunch of flowers.) A little bit of work with a stanley knife and in it went. No one else usually sees it. I tend to have old blankets in there as well in case I need to wrap items up.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I see it every time I open the boot soI want it nice
Tasteful Q3 logo embossed on it as well.
Cheer your wife up and get the real thing !

·
Registered
274 Posts
You know there is 20% off the liner from Audi dealers right now as well as rubber footwell mats? Liner currently £50.40 and full set of mats £46.40 if you go in and say the magic word "<strong style="color: rgb92, 96, 102; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 17.81999969482422px; : rgb229, 233, 234;">AUDIWINTER".[/b]

·
Registered
302 Posts
nickkr said:

What a thoughtful man - all our cars to date have a piece of carpet cut to fit courtesy of my husband

·
Registered
274 Posts
Bambi said:
nickkr said:

What a thoughtful man - all our cars to date have a piece of carpet cut to fit courtesy of my husband
Is it a 1970s floral pub carpet offcut?

·
Super Moderator
6,025 Posts
OY! There's nothing wrong with 1970s floral pub carpet. I know - I've slept on enough of 'em...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Buy the Audi product - good quality and fits like a glove - easy to clean too.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Haven't we all Mr Gromit.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts