Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local Shell garage has had E10 fuel for the past couple of weeks. The price is the same as the original E5. I have had a chance to fill up four times with E10 and drive about 1400 miles over a mixture of roads. I have noticed no difference in performance, engine behaviour or economy over the E5 on my 45TFSI which has 227BHP from 2 litres. I would expect the migration from E5 to E10 would be noticeable as the BHP per litre increases. As a matter of interest, the Shell garage still advertises V-Power as E5.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
But it’s 152.9p per litre down here!
Cost me £90 to fill up on Thursday.

·
Registered
439 Posts
My local Shell garage has had E10 fuel for the past couple of weeks. The price is the same as the original E5. I have had a chance to fill up four times with E10 and drive about 1400 miles over a mixture of roads. I have noticed no difference in performance, engine behaviour or economy over the E5 on my 45TFSI which has 227BHP from 2 litres. I would expect the migration from E5 to E10 would be noticeable as the BHP per litre increases. As a matter of interest, the Shell garage still advertises V-Power as E5.
We did our regular run down to Gloucester (around 300 miles) and back yesterday on our first tank of E10 and yes, same as you, no noticeable difference in any of those numbers. As with all of the other '5*' fuels, V Power is staying with 5% Ethanol for the time being.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In sunny Leeds bog standard Shell E10 petrol is 133.9p. V-Power is still a silly price.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Tesco Momentum (99) is E5, £138.9, 5p a litre more than the E10 stuff, so in old money 25p a gallon more. In the whole scheme of things, not a massive amount. E10 is £133.9 in our local Tesco.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Tesco Momentum (99) is E5, £138.9, 5p a litre more than the E10 stuff, so in old money 25p a gallon more. In the whole scheme of things, not a massive amount. E10 is £133.9 in our local Tesco.
Momentum for me too,as John says,the price difference is negligible,but I feel well worth it,especially in the RS. Stopped buying VPower some time ago due to Shell’s crazy pricing. Haven’t noticed any difference between performance/or mpg on Momentum to VPower.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
BP and Shell have acquired a few sites and they are both overpriced.
Tesco’s aren’t easily accessible he…..about a 30 minute round trip for the nearest and none of the three are on any normal journey route. There is about £11 a tank in it so not hypercrtical for the mileage I do.
We have a nameless brand in the next village and I have never had any trouble with their super so they may be getting a more regular customer as they are the same price as diesel.

·
Registered
2016 RSQ3 Exclusive Java green.
537 Posts
My local tesco garage is having a refurb at the moment so I'm using Vpower @ 149.9p per litre........it doesn't go far and at an indicated average mpg of 21.9 (I know its less than that) it soon swallows what you put in.
I swear I can see the guage dropping!

Reactions: TheJam

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
:rolleyes: you can, especially with a full tank, the gauge is on the stop for ages and then falls like a stone...

Reactions: TheJam

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Us poor Q3 owners can only afford normal 95 RON E10 but not from a supermarket!

Reactions: Perusal

·
Registered
RSQ3 Performance Dec 66 plate,
140 Posts
Ive always put super in our cars @ Sainsburys, dont know how much it is, Just fill em up.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Jealous!

Reactions: alanyork

·
Registered
2018 Audi Q3 Black Edition 2.0TFSI.
5 Posts
Shell E10 £131.9 and BP E10 £130.9 in Sunderland.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Where I am the difference between Tesco’s regular unleaded and Momentum is 7p a litre. It hasn’t put me off buying momentum yet but as price keeps creeping up it has started playing on mind a little. I paid £140.9 per litre for Momentum when I filled up this week.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sainsburys £133.9 super unleaded,
Yeah I have been doing the same since 2018 when I got F pace using super from Sainsbury's.
Not sure if it's doing any thing beneficial.
By the way from past few fill ups I have noticed the screen saying 36 to 37mpg for me it's got better.
Previously it was 33mpg mostly.
Car has reached 12k miles not sure some more engine loosening has caused it or the outside temperature.
I have setup car in dynamic but gear box in D not S.

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Had a 350 mile jaunt to North Yorkshire and back in the RS yesterday, 4 up, heavy luggage. Filled it back up with Tesco Momentum @ £1.389 this morning and had averaged 32.9mpg. The DIS fibbed as usual claiming 36-37mpg...pigs might fly:rolleyes:

The Audi nav system and real time traffic updates saved our bacon several times, routing around holdups so the outbound journey (left Warwick at 8am and the return leaving Skipton at 15.30) were almost exactly the same duration time-wise despite being a Friday - remarkable.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I’d settle for 32.9 any day.
The trouble down here is there is nowhere to just lollop along on open motorways or dual carriageways so every road is an invitation to have a play (or get stuck in a queue at 40 for 10 miles).

·
Super Moderator
3,321 Posts
Ahh David and what price do we put on 'Grins per Mile with that instant punch in the back just a smidgen away under your right foot and the beast living under the bonnet just waiting to make a mad rush for the horizon with a spine-tingling sound track attached - priceless.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I drove 150 yards to my mates place this morning to get the boot panels fitted but still lightly hoofed it from our drive to the corner…how sad…but fun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts