Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

DSG Modes

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  DavidS 
#1 ·
Now the Q3 is run in I have been trying out the various DSG modes. I have tried Individual with various settings and I can't detect a difference. Dynamic is frenetic and noisy. I have not tried Offroad. The two interesting modes are Comfort and Auto. Auto is unpredictable and the engine is slower to react to the accelerator. Comfort seems to give the best of all worlds, smoother and more reactive than Auto and if I need to accelerate quickly I use the paddles. What have other DSG owners found?

#2 ·
Well I didn't get chance to check much I am at 950miles but I did try dynamic mode once felt responsive, but too much of traffic so back to comfort mode.
But I did try something pic attached now it is either for real or since I have done it I am observing more some characteristic changed.
My car in comfort mode which goes into D more often like gear disengaged as soon as you ease off the acceleration.
That fuel saving thing.
Other than that I don't like this gear box after experiencing ZF8.
Over all its doing the job.
This DSG is similar to what I had in mercedes 7Gtroinc.
When there is time when you want to do a reverse and forward like 3point turn quickly car miserably fails due to lag which I don't like.
Even in mercedes it was a problem reverse gear lag.
Where as huge F Pace due to ZF8 gear box never experienced lag and doing a 3 point turn was a breeze.
I'll explore more once I hit 1500miles maybe.

Thanks.
KJ
Text Font Line Document Number

#4 ·
You just press the start button once without pressing brake to bring car in ignition.
Then again press start button to turn off ignition.

Reactions: DavidS
#5 ·
Audi's DSG modes are curious collection of synthetic driving profiles.

Comfort in my experience is 'soft' in most Audi cars (even the current RS), easiest to live with on a daily basis
Sport is brutal/not favoured by front seat passengers and best reserved for traffic-light-sprints, one step removed from launch control
Auto - now this one is 'worrying', seems to be 'Comfort' with 'Sport' if the ECU thinks that you might be trying a bit harder, exactly what 'harder' means is undefined and results in unpredictable results.

#8 ·
My 130i had push start but did need the key to open and the whole thing pushed into the dash and I think that might have activated the dash. The button was more style over need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.