Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having seen a couple up close and personal at Watford, I have changed my mind. it's not for me.

Just my personal perspective, so its just what i think - no need for hate mail.

It is a bit of an odd shape side on and from the front looks dumpy (as has been noted elsewhere). The dashboard and MMI controls are too Audi A1 for me, a bit low rent for a Q model to my mind. If they had done it more like the New A6. It may have worked for me better.

The front seat access just does not do it for me at all. The seat is high up which is nice for an SUV, but the roof line is too low, meaning you have to duck in to it or you whack your head. I'm no tall guy (5.10) but it is too low. My wife commented the same, and she is a shorty. And to my mind you need at least 18 inch wheels on it or it looks just plain wrong.

As I said, just my opinion but there are too many compromises for me to like it.

My A3 will now be replaced by the facelifted A5 but no doubt I will keep looking at Q3's to see if they start to grow on me later - perhaps in time for my next motor.

Cheers all.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree with your comments totally. It seemed smaller inside than my A3 Sportback, even though the figure suggest otherwiseand I felt I was sat on it, rather than in it.

Unless the new A3 is a WOW car, I am holding out for the face lifted Q5 as you get so much more car for not a lot more. Edited by: Steppy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Really interesting to hear your reasoning guys... everyone's tastes differ I guess - it'd be boring otherwise!

I saw a Q3 in the flesh for the first time on Saturday and (having ordered blind 5 months ago) was pleasantly surprised. I liked the look of it in the flesh, and expect to be even happier when I see it in S-line form with full body colour and the extra bits and bobs on the exterior.

The only thing for me was the boot (it had a raised floor due to the music system) which was shallower than I expected.

Good luck with A3/A5 etc when the time comes!

·
Registered
92 Posts
i went to see it this weekend and although it does seem small inside it I believe it meets what I need over the q5 (which was the other option) which is too large and not as fuel efficient. The one i saw was a white se version - i think the more car like shape will suit the s line version especially (hopefully!) in glacier white as i spent ages debating over white or daytona grey!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ordered blind month ago, off to see in flesh tomorrow at Harold Wood Audi in Essex......Gulp..... Been looking forward to it so much but bit worried now from these posts I'll be left dissapointed and end up cancelling. Hope not! Will update tomorrow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Went and saw 'in flesh'....... Pleased to say really like it. Looks better than I imagined, and great on the test drive. All sorted, roll on delivery in Feb. Very happy 'expectant' Q3 owner in waiting

·
Registered
96 Posts
Great to hear, like many others I have ordered 'blind'. I am going to view at Edinburgh Audi Friday and I am now a lot more confident.

·
Registered
264 Posts
saw one in my local dealers on saturday . was told 4 month wiait for s/line they phoned me tue afternoon to say they had just had a diesel SE s/ tronic delivered which was similar spec to s/line = sports seats with alcantara , xenon light pack cruise control high beam assist etc offered my car and cash got £ 2000 discount pick it up next tuesday , happy days

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am amazed at people who are getting discounts so easily. My local dealer wouldn't budge an inch on a Q5, even though I could get over £3000 by going through a broker like I did with my current car. I have seen brokers giving discounts on the Q3 too, so why my dealer is so stubborn I don't know

Well done to those getting discounts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Went to see Q3 today and also had a test drive and pleased to say I really like the car. Size wise ideal for me. Edinburgh audi have one black and a silver car. I have ordered white but think it looks really good in silver. Can't wait until my car is delivered.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm test drivng Sunday - TDI s tronic - hopefully it will impress - the recent mag reviews have been fairly good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts