Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The symbol is on the dash, ive noticed nearly every time i go out the fans kick in... Now the dpf light is on the dash, but according to vcds.... Dpf looks ok??
Is it normal?
Lights gone out now after i went and reset learned values of difference pressure sensor and resetting learned values of the particle filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have know this happen on a few Q3's which only go on short journeys. The DPF can be cleaned but the best way is to go on a long run.

·
Registered
633 Posts
There is a documented way of doing it on the lines of certain revs in a lower gear for a continuous distance...whoever wrote it didn’t live in a town or the south east of England, the ‘continuous distance’ element is a laugh.

I think giving it a **** good thrashing is another option but I am not an expert so don’t do anything without checking.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Apparently I can’t write d a m n without bring censored. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know what do, its just that its no where near full at all, not even a quarter but lights on and fans..... Gone off now ive reset it, but should not be showing a light or doing a regen wen its hardly got much in it

·
Registered
633 Posts
I don’t do much in the way of long journeys but have never had the light come on (yet). A couple of times there has been weird noises when I’ve stopped and I think that is something that happens after a few short runs. Clueless really.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Is there a way to check the calibration of the differential pressure sensor

Cheers Spike

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks like Spike might be on the right track - This thread is worth a read, where a faulty exhaust pressure sensor was causing too frequent regens

·
Registered
387 Posts
If sensor calibration is ok, you can force DPF regeneration while stationary, you can do with VCDS. But, dealer told me that when regenararion is done on stationary, you must make an oil change.. Don't know the reason, maybe high temperature?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
The regeneration process works by controlled overfuelling which raises the exhaust temps to burn off the soot deposits.
When the car is being driven and the engine is up to temperature, little or no extra fuel is required.
Stationary, the overfuelling rate is higher and some of the unburnt diesel will wash down the bores, passed the piston rings and into the sump. If done repeatedly the oil gets contaminated / diluted and needs changing

Cheers Spike

Reactions: kostas-k

·
Registered
387 Posts
The regeneration process works by controlled overfuelling which raises the exhaust temps to burn off the soot deposits.
When the car is being driven and the engine is up to temperature, little or no extra fuel is required.
Stationary, the overfuelling rate is higher and some of the unburnt diesel will wash down the bores, passed the piston rings and into the sump. If done repeatedly the oil gets contaminated / diluted and needs changing

Cheers Spike
Always detailed explanations.. good job mate (y)

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you reset the learned values from VCDS without actually fully regenerate the particulate filter you risk of compromising it for good. It needs a good uninterrupted motorway run, better above 60 mph and 2500 rpms. Ideally you'd want to be quicker still. Same applies but less critically it was a partial cycle... don't let that slip.

A full cycle while uninterrupted should require less than 10 minutes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts