Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a message come up on the MMI a couple of days ago saying my map was downloading an update.

Its been doing this for 2 days and is still on 0% complete.

I have a data conection as everything else works just fine - any ideas!?!?

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Will take a couple of weeks I expect - the file is 25Gb+. If it is driving you nuts then use a desktop PC and the MyAudi app to download the file to a USB stick and do the update manually.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will take a couple of weeks I expect - the file is 25Gb+. If it is driving you nuts then use a desktop PC and the MyAudi app to download the file to a USB stick and do the update manually.
Makes sense - there no way of connecting the car to the wifi at home so it can down load whilst its parked in the garage?

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
No...we don't have that degree of control.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I’ve not had any updates on my 22my everything is on for over air updates. Is there anything else I need to do?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I experienced the same map update ota, took a couple of weeks, and as already said you have no control over it once it starts. At the weekend it seemed to be stuck at 19% (about a week to get this far) then the icon just disappeared !
As I’d manually downloaded the maps code to a usb, I tried that, however, the mmi just said everything was up to date so no update from usb was required.
I think cubic comms who host the Audi data streaming use Vodafone, who imho are the worst mobile provider in the uk unless you live in a highly populated town or city, where they have marginally better coverage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I experienced the same map update ota, took a couple of weeks, and as already said you have no control over it once it starts. At the weekend it seemed to be stuck at 19% (about a week to get this far) then the icon just disappeared !
As I’d manually downloaded the maps code to a usb, I tried that, however, the mmi just said everything was up to date so no update from usb was required.
I think cubic comms who host the Audi data streaming use Vodafone, who imho are the worst mobile provider in the uk unless you live in a highly populated town or city, where they have marginally better coverage.
mine was on 0% this morning and icon was gone on way home from work tonight so I just assume it’s finished 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
I used Vodafone for more than 20 years and then an internal IT upgrade (Oracle I believe) corrupted a whole bunch of records, mine included and after many months of frustration (and financial compensation) I ditched them for EE - EE were lovely to deal with but the availability of the service was patchy at best. Seems where you live and routinely travel has a great bearing on one's experience. Eventually I returned to Vodafone - fresh account and new details, has been perfect. I buy my devices outright and take SIM only contracts.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Despite living in the south east where we, allegedly, ‘have everything’ our village and within a few miles is in a signal black hole so mobiles only work outside and then only if you stand in the right place.
Wifi calling is the only way mobiles work indoors and I was on 3 PAYG for about 3 years but O2 cheap tariff was a better deal….but, after failing to get banking security codes, I found that they don’t include date. 😡. How stupid is that?
I’ve had to go back to 3 on a slightly dearer monthly deal so needed to transfer my 20+ year old number twice in a month.

The 3 data sim in the car just gets one bar on our drive but improves once we get away from home.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Memory servces on a previous S3 that the car came with a free 3 year data connection, I cant recall what the deal is with the RSQ3 - presuming that the sim (whereever it is in the car??) provides the data connection for at least three years though I did notice that the Data section on the MMI says that you get 3GB per month and it expires Feb 22??

In my old Ranage Rover it had a rolling data allowance every month, which I had to activate on purchase of car - is this something we need to activate with Audi or as I presumed its just set up as this from the start?

·
Registered
62 Posts
There are 2 different types
1 data the car uses I think is unlimited and as you say is part of the 3 year package
2, user data I.e user WiFi, internet radio, this is limited and requires a user contract with cubic comms

Reactions: Bulla

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
The online traffic sim can be paid for annually or, as I probably always will, a month’s worth when I need it. My sim is a two year 24Gb data only…was about £44
Every element seems to need a number of payments!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just coming back to this one - where does one find a USB port in a MY22 RSQ3? USB C for me in this car, is the USB hidden somewhere or is an adaptor now required for downloading future map updates??

·
Super Moderator
3,583 Posts
Yeah USB C sticks are available - an Amazon job.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts