Audi Q3 Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my new Q3 for 3 weeks and very happy with it! My only concern is when I put my car in my garage, it is wide enough for me to half open my door and get out but only just! The door is nice and solid with a lovely clunk when closing. What I find is that the halfway open resistance position control for want of a better description, does not seem as firm enough and the door carries on opening to the full amount. On previous Audi's that I have owned it was always easy to half open the door and feel a reasonable resistance at the halfway point.
Does anyone know if the tension is adjustable? I see that there are a couple of screws above and below the hinge!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same issue and my dealer advised they were not able to adjust the door.

I decided to secure some protective hard foam which came as packing with an electrical appliance to the garage wall. The foam is not too thick but solid enough to protect the Q3 door from the wall.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I had 2 offcuts of carpet tacked to the wall of my last garage, saved many a door

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies!
I have always had foam stuck to the walls of my garage where the door opens and this helps. The other real problem with this, is of course, in car parks when more likely, a passenger opens the door to get out and the halfway resistance is not enough and the weight of the door then makes it open fully with the obvious risks.
It's not a big issue but it probably has less resistance because of people advising previous Audis had too much resistance and the doors are always heavy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts